Center Stand

cash1000

Hi

I've just purchased a center stand that I want to fit to my V11 RM.

Can someone supply photo(s) showing how it attaches?

I've looked at photos on V11 site but all are from side.

A photo from underneath bike should show what I need to know

• 2 weeks later...

I've found a post by Greg Field that explains fitting center stand.  Good job for the weekend

That's about the best description of the procedure that you'll find.

I had to modify mine to clear the rear tyre with a cutaway: it would have been an MOT fail otherwise as it was rubbing at full suspension extension. And mine's a 160 section tyre too about as narrow as you get.

Loads of fiddling about needed, so good luck. Does the job now it's sorted though.

Got centrestand fitted. Ended up taking mufflers off a loosening the rest. I'm left with a short length of steel flat with a set of nuts and bolts at each end that won't fit? Made two steel plates up that link centre of stand to mounting bracket under rear of motor. Haven't had a bike with centre stand for a while so having to relearn art of rolling bike backwards onto stand. Great for doing maintenance and packing bike for trips.

... having to relearn art of rolling bike backwards onto stand. Great for doing maintenance and packing bike for trips.

Art? with the weight distribution favouring the front so much, it's more than a bloody art! I have to confess I'm neither tall enough nor strong enough to win that battle routinely: being tall enough on its own would have helped. Glad I got it though because when you need it on a trip, nothing else will do. Can always get a baffled passer-by to help lift the back end!