iSLE OF mAN.

rich46

I was racing against Pete and Manfred back in '94/'95.

We ran the AHRMA BOTT series.

It was a serious blast.

Got to meet all kinds of amazing people like John Britten. The vintage guys were great, but I never understood how they went so fast on bikes with Fred Flintstone brakes.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2014 at 1:07 PM, GuzziMoto said:

I was racing against Pete and Manfred back in '94/'95.

We ran the AHRMA BOTT series.

It was a serious blast.

Got to meet all kinds of amazing people like John Britten. The vintage guys were great, but I never understood how they went so fast on bikes with Fred Flintstone brakes.....

It's all about going fast , not stopping fast .

On 9/9/2019 at 6:17 AM, guzzigray said:

"CSRA Vintage Superbike race with AFM. Sonoma Raceway. 8/31/19. On board Moto Guzzi. 1134cc. 90hp"

This has to be the shittiest looking race track surface I've ever seen.

Ciao

On 2/8/2020 at 2:13 PM, gstallons said:

It's all about going fast , not stopping fast .

That is easy to say until you hear them talking about how their brakes were "gone" from about halfway through the race and the had to run the last half just downshifting to slow down.

No worries, I have great respect for those that do. But I will stick to racebikes with good brakes.

5 hours ago, GuzziMoto said:

That is easy to say until you hear them talking about how their brakes were "gone" from about halfway through the race and the had to run the last half just downshifting to slow down.

No worries, I have great respect for those that do. But I will stick to racebikes with good brakes.

Yes, if you've been on a racetrack you will know that brakes are more important than horsepower.

Far and away the best thing about riding a modern bike is the fact you use zero mental capacity compensating for the poor performance of machine dynamics compared to even 1980's bikes.

Forget worrying about fading brakes,gearbox shifting woes, ground clearance,poor suspension, brakes that dont work in the wet, etc etc. Get on it and focus 100% on the riding. The bike is way better than you are.  

Ciao