Help needed - foot controls

Guest Oliver

Hi there,

last week I bought the controls kit offered by Moto Guzzi North America for my Scura - Picture on MGNA Homepage -

Now I need assistance because I received my controls kit without any mounting instructions. I had no problems with attaching the right side of the controls to my bike (fits perfect), but I have problems with screwing everything in its place on the left side (gear shifter).

In the past I read that some of you american Guzzisti bought this foot controls kit also ... could one of you please give me some help on this subject.

I need the original instruction sheet or at least some detailed pictures from the left handed foot controls.

Thank you very much in advance for assisting me. Please be so kind and email me the relevant information under oliver.gresens@airbus.com

Ciao & take care

Guest jlburgess

Instruction sheet? Ha, you're on your own buddy! I've installed this kit and it works great, but it's a bit of trial and error thing.

The left side footpeg needs to have a washer installed between the side plate and footrest to allow smooth shift lever operation. It was not included in my kit.

Just remove the entire original shift linkage and install the aluminum block to the transmission shaft with the block pointed down. Bolt up the new shift rod to the upper most lever hole and use a small (1/2"?) spacer between the rod and the aluminum block. Don't add length to the spacer or it may contact the shift lever on downshifts. It is fine to be at an angle because of the ball joints on the linkage.

The shifting action will be much improved due to reduction of slop in the shift linkage. Hope this helps. I can take some pictures later if you need them.

Good Luck!

Hi John,

sorry for being late with my response to your friendly reply.

I've learned from several emails, that there is no instruction sheet available. Last week I received three good photos rom Alis Agostini. If there is the need for someone, I'll forward them.

John ... just to make sure that I screw everything in the correct position ... please be so kind and email the mentioned pictures to me. THANK YOU very much for your friendly offer to do this.

I'm really forward to drive the first kilometers with the new and improved controls.

Thanks to everybody who got in touch with me on this subject.

It's good to know, that there always will be another Guzzisti who offers her/his help.

Greeting from Hamburg, Germany

Guest Scura Owner

I wish I could help with greater detail, but my bike is still in the shop (and still blowing fuel pump fuses).

From what I remember, I did not get a new shift rod in my kit. I used the old one and had to add another lock nut to stablize it since it was no longer seated on either side. I did not get nor use a small spacer. I used the washers to allow the ball joint make the angle. I can not remember what I did concerning the big washers but I remember I did not buy one. I did use moly paste on the shafts.

Hi there,

I made it :D

The problem was the washer which came with the kit.

The washer was too thin, while torquing the nut, it deforms and clamps the shift lever.

I took the original thick washer from the right/braking side.

Everything works fine ... shifting is unbelievable exactly. I'm really glad that I spent my (hard earned) money on this kit.

I reused the old shift rod and add a spacer to the rear part (no new rod in the kit).

Thanks to everybody for supporting me. Sometimes things are much less complicated ...

All the best from Hamburg, Germany