Brand-new Scura

Scud

You went right past my horse property at 60th and Van Buren.

That makes a grand total of 2 Moto Guzzis to ever travel those roads...... :mg:

I need to try Box Canyon to Pinto Basin.....

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

well, imagine my surprise and amazement at just now discovering this thread. I clicked a link in another thread and BOOM! How in hell did this get by me? Makes me wonder what else is out there. I get notifications and follow everything.

I'll count this read as an unexpected great score! A cool new year present.

Nice job Tim!

That is sort of funny that this obsessively dark thread has eluded your detection.  :ph34r:

Hello darkness my old friend... I've come to talk to you again...

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

However, I grossly underestimated the time and effort required to remove all the crinkle paint.

Come on knowing that Moto Guzzi would replace the cases with new ones back in the day under warranty must have given some indication that it would have been a bit of a pain lol. But hey you are having fun. :)

I do not recall that that is what Moto Guzzi offered for that defect. I recall that they would have the dealer "refinish" the cases, or the owner could elect for some compensatory accessories (a jacket or otherwise?).

I know one owner who went through the painful disassembly/ refinish process and heard of others who opted for the "accessory" option.

Anyone with first-hand experience?

couple years late, but I have some first hand knowledge. I bought a new '02 in '03 and at a dealer (now outa business), was given the choice of case replacement or MG's best riding gear, or tank and tail bag with tail rack. I shuddered at the idea of my incompetent dealer rebuilding my great performing motor for just paint. I chose the riding gear and waited.......waited......... then MG USA went temporarily ass over tit, and I forgot about it. Fixed now, but I could have lived with it.

However, I grossly underestimated the time and effort required to remove all the crinkle paint.

Come on knowing that Moto Guzzi would replace the cases with new ones back in the day under warranty must have given some indication that it would have been a bit of a pain lol. But hey you are having fun. :)

I do not recall that that is what Moto Guzzi offered for that defect. I recall that they would have the dealer "refinish" the cases, or the owner could elect for some compensatory accessories (a jacket or otherwise?).

I know one owner who went through the painful disassembly/ refinish process and heard of others who opted for the "accessory" option.

Anyone with first-hand experience?

couple years late, but I have some first hand knowledge. I bought a new '02 in '03 and at a dealer (now outa business), was given the choice of case replacement or MG's best riding gear, or tank and tail bag with tail rack. I shuddered at the idea of my incompetent dealer rebuilding my great performing motor for just paint. I chose the riding gear and waited.......waited......... then MG USA went temporarily ass over tit, and I forgot about it. Fixed now, but I could have lived with it.

Moto Italiano of San Jose/Santa Cruz  (now out of business) did the factory case swap for me, and that's when I had the cams, pistons, etc done.

I just got reaquainted with my Scura... New Guzzitech tune with a PCIII and I have to say..... Very quick... The M4s are just the cherry on top.

I am just getting acquainted with my V11 (not a Scura) but it has the M4 pipes and they sound fantastic. The sound is reminiscent of my long gone Duc 900 with Conti pipes. I can tell I am going to love this bike.  

IMG_1210.JPG

• Like 3