Brand-new Scura

Scud

Thanks guys, I've been on a "vision-quest" to make her darker... to get rid of all the visual clutter and focus on the big, powerful shapes in the original design, which I love.

Today was just one of those special, perfect Sundays - right in between rains. Lots of motorcyclists out today. And yeah, sorry about those of you stuck in the snow. I was raised in it upstate NY, so I get it. My mom still lives there in a rural area - sometimes has to wear snowshoes to get her mail.

I checked, and the fuel sender unit was connected. Still puzzled... and I swore I would get gas and breakfast today in Borrego Springs - but I was having so much fun I forgot to stop. Buzzed right through town, drawn by the allure of the big open grade up Montezuma Highway... started heading home, then hit 140 miles on the tripmeter and still no low fuel light... then I thought "Aw shit, I'm gonna run out of gas 2 days in a row... but this time it's gonna be difficult." Switched to high-gear, low RPM fuel-saver mode. Barely made it to the next station, just when it was starting to miss. It took 5.3 gallons at about 150 miles... talk about running on empty. I think I was not being very easy on the throttle (30MPG). I didn't realize how much I rely on that light.

Anyway... long answer to your short question. I think the connector was not pushed all the way in. I just pulled it apart and reconnected it. It seemed to go in further and I heard the reassuring "click." One more tank to tell for sure... and one more bolt tightness inspection. I found two loose bolts after my first shakedown.

Man, that is a spectacular result for how far you had taken that bike down. :thumbsup:

Especially considering how many other bikes you've had apart lately . . . :o

Scud if you ever decide to sell that one please look me up.

I'll tell you a story...

There was a "neighborhood garage sale" - when everyone's supposed to get coordinated and sell stuff on the same day. My wife and I threw some crap in the driveway to try to participate and I was tinkering in the garage with the door open. A guy walks past all the driveway crap... comes right up to me and asks:  "Do you have any tools for sale?"  I said: "The tools will be at the estate sale when I'm dead."

• Like 1

Scud if you ever decide to sell that one please look me up.

I'll tell you a story...

There was a "neighborhood garage sale" - when everyone's supposed to get coordinated and sell stuff on the same day. My wife and I threw some crap in the driveway to try to participate and I was tinkering in the garage with the door open. A guy walks past all the driveway crap... comes right up to me and asks: "Do you have any tools for sale?" I said: "The tools will be at the estate sale when I'm dead."

Ha! a guy can try though right...

Odd how some motorcycles -- OK, yes, some other bedeviling creatures, too :whistle: -- look better in photos than in reality ... and vice versa.

Yet, my Ballabio, a wannabe Scura (with Ohlins rear and a Scura ECU) looked, as yours, great in both.

Well done work all around, from buying to fixing to posting to, best of all, riding.

Bill

...best of all, riding.

As much as I enjoy the work, it's all about the riding. Yesterday was just magic. One of those perfect days between rains. The snow is down to about 6,000 feet and the mountain views were stunning. I had breakfast within view of 11,000 foot San Jacinto - all the puddles in the parking lot were still frozen solid and that cup of coffee was for my fingers first.

IMG_5717.jpg

20 miles later I was in Palm Desert, where people were walking their toy-dogs while wearing shorts and sandals. I made my "pilgrimage" to Mecca (the actual name of a town at 200 feet below sea level) so I could ride Box Canyon on the way to...

The Joshua Tree.

Bullet the Blue Sky.

...best of all, riding.

As much as I enjoy the work, it's all about the riding. Yesterday was just magic. One of those perfect days between rains. The snow is down to about 6,000 feet and the mountain views were stunning. I had breakfast within view of 11,000 foot San Jacinto - all the puddles in the parking lot were still frozen solid and that cup of coffee was for my fingers.

20 miles later I was in Palm Desert, where people were walking their toy-dogs while wearing shorts and sandals. I made my "pilgrimage" to Mecca (the actual name of a town at 200 feet below sea level) so I could ride Box Canyon on the way to...

The Joshua Tree.

Breakdown the route for us, if you could...........