OEM electrical connectors?

sp838

Anyone know where to get OEM electric connectors? I am looking to make some modifications/simplifications to the harness and would like to keep the stock connectors. First thing I am doing is swapping my tank out for a later model one with the internal pump and filter. The new pump has the same connector on it as the solenoid petcock on the old one, which I am seeking to get rid of. The pump itself is simply wired in. I would like to get the correct plastic connector and have the pump wires from the harness connect to the new internal pump in the tank. I could just cannibalize the old connectors but I'd rather not butcher the parts since they are in good working order and might be useful to someone else. Forgive me if this has already been covered, if so please point me to the thread...

Thank you, and happy Turkey Day to all!

Ok, so I found these guys in the TPS breakout harness thread:

http://www.casperselectronics.com/store2/index.php?cPath=67_71_69

Any way to check, other than eyeball-o-metrics, whether one of these will fit?

so you need the ends that plug into the main wiring harness, not the main harness plugs right? because I have a main wiring loom from an EV that has the same connectors accept the CPU plug.. could you use that?

I might have the electric petcock from an EV and you could cut that end off to use, I'd want about 20 bucks for it. I also have some of the plugs from the cam and crank sensors and maybe other stuff too..

I've had good luck on Ebay, using a deep and through search.  To get some Superseal connectors I had to go to Ebay Spain, and also UK (I'm in the USA).

The vendors here would only sell them wholesale.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

So what are the OEM connectors? Or is there a mix of AMP Superseal and Delphi Metri-Pack?

Okay, so, I know the connectors with the ribbed seals are AMP, but what are the ones with the wire bail, and the others with the fussy push-tabs?

Left side of the frame:

IMG_2770.JPG

Right side of the frame:

IMG_2772.JPG

Can you catalog with pics the different connectors? Pics of the connector ends helps the most along with a couple shots of the outsides. Does that make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dc9b13c11d4f151d937b8e218b21e2d7.jpge7f6473a0a9465373d2331bd1b7540d9.jpg426ac73883958057adb3b14c5f5a846e.jpg

For example this is a knockoff AMP Superseal I'm using to replace the connector on my heated grip because the wire got pinch by the steering stop.

66cdb2f177c38d77cd1bc85dd3c6ab44.jpg

I replaced the entire connector as I couldn't match the original connector. Cheaper and faster to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow, that's some nice documentation! I'm not likely to get that far with the individual connectors. I am going to try and annotate/label those photos with the connectors that need special attention and post them in the Tank Off Maintenance Checklist.

I am, basically, forcing myself to perform the Tank-off maintenance before putting the Sport back in service after being down six weeks for the clutch etc.

Opened each connector, cleaned with CRC Electronics cleaner, treated with Caig DeOxit Gold and groomed along the frame with *gentle* Zip-tying.

Ok, so, this is the connector for the sidestand switch. This is how your V11 runs when in gear and underway. I moveed this connector back out of the incoming spray and carefully groomed the wire away from trouble (exhaust etc). What kind of connector is this?

IMG_2776.JPG

IMG_2777.JPG

IMG_2778.JPG