Install Ghezzi-Brian Carbon Fiber Rear Fender

Scud

So, how do you actually order that thing.  Email them and ask?  Their site doesn't list any dealers...

Just email Bruno (Brian) Saturno directly: b.saturno AT promo.it

Be sure to tell him that you are a V11LeMans.com forum member and that you saw the spoiler and fender here!

He'll then send you a ProForma invoice to pay from. You'll have to go to your bank and send him a wire transfer. Be sure to add about $25 to whatever his total is, to cover bank fees. It was kind of a pain, but he did ship via DHL and it arrived fairly quickly.

If you ever want to come over and have an 'installation party', let me know! I am so deep into the Aprilia rebuild right now, that I still haven't installed my chin spoiler yet.

If you ever want to come over and have an 'installation party', let me know! I am so deep into the Aprilia rebuild right now, that I still haven't installed my chin spoiler yet.

Chin spoiler is soooooo easy, all pre-drilled and easy to get to... only two sizes of allen wrenches needed... possibly some sanding required if it buzzes like mine did.

So if Chamberlin is putting on a chin spoiler and Craig is putting on a rear inner fender... Craig will be doing more installation and Chamberlin, perhaps, more partying.

More info about ordering in V11 Chin Spoiler Search

So if Chamberlin is putting on a chin spoiler and Craig is putting on a rear inner fender... Craig will be doing more installation and Chamberlin, perhaps, more partying.

I've got TV/Internet/Sound system in the garage, a nice mountain view, plenty of tools, and a new bottle of Bulleit Bourbon. How many Guzzisti can I get to the honeypot to watch Craig fiddle with the fender!!!

• 2 months later...

Free rear fender.  All you have to do is find it somewhere along the blue line on this map.  Fender was in good condition when last seen, but may have a bit of road rash now.   :grin:  

Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 8.12.54 AM.jpg

Here's a picture of the stress point. It was clearly a bracket failure; the fasteners did not come loose. So if anyone (Craig) has yet to install this, think about how to reinforce it. I'm going to let GB know what happened. I only put about 5,000 miles on with this fender - and it gave up Saturday (just noticed this morning before work). 

IMG_3138.jpg

Therefore, I retract my endorsement for this fender unless (until) a better bracket is available.  Sure was pretty while it lasted.

wow

... and sh!# and some other words too. And money flying off my bike... 

Anyway - looks like I was fenderless in Joshua Tree National Park. Wanna help me look for it? The road through the park is about 60 miles of uninterrupted curvy roads with perfect pavement.     :race:

IMG_3133.jpg

OH man! So sorry to hear about the loss of the fender! Makes me want to safety wire my chin spoiler! It's very possible it survived the fling-off, only to be destroyed by a semi-truck. If it's still on the side of the road someplace though, you might have a darn good chance of recovering it, but that's a tough haul to drive and concentrate on the shoulder of the road for 120 miles (60 each side of the highway back and forth).

Well, according to my GPS track, it's 211 miles from my house to where I took the picture above. The fender is somewhere out there... so any treasure hunters can concentrate on the Southern half of the loop.  If I do that 400 mile loop again there's no way that I'll be going slow enough to look.  I wasn't serious about looking for it anyway - just having a laugh at my own expense.

The Ghezzi Brian chin spoiler is solid. The brackets are strong and it's mounted in four places on rubber compression fittings. I'm not worried about that - but it's worth checking to make sure they're snugged up. 

See Jaap's warning regarding the fender mount on the previous page of this thread.  :homer:

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Brian responded with an apology, a promise to make a stronger bracket, and a discounted price for me to get a paintable belly pan (chin spoiler) for my LeMans along with a replacement fender (and new bracket). The US Dollar has strengthened against the Euro since I originally bought it, so that feels like an even deeper discount.

I think this is a fair and acceptable solution. G&B seem like great people, and I'm looking forward to testing the new fender bracket.

• 1 month later...

New fender, bracket, and mounting hardware arrived. This bracket is NOT going to break; it's about 3mm thick. I'm glad that Ghezzi-Brian responded by improving their product. 

IMG_3510.jpg

FYI - they also now accept PayPal.

Wow that is a huge improvement - looks to be very well engineered. Good customer response, coupled with his leap into the 'internet age' by accepting PayPal, should help his business move forward much quicker!

Thanks for the update Scud!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the fender today. Here's why it's better than the old one:

1. Thicker bracket material - does not bounce like the old one and I expect that the bracket will not break
  2. It no longer rubs on the lower shock mount
  3. It comes with sturdier mounting hardware

Critical comments/mods required:

1. The bracket needed to be reamed out for the shock bolt to pass through it
  2. It seems that it could do with bigger washers - so I got some
  3. It's still tricky to get it aligned correctly (holes not pre-drilled)
  4. The fender itself still has an odd curve in it as Jaap noted earlier.

I mounted the fender to the bracket before installing it this time (much easier than installing bracket first). These pics show how the fender needs to align to the bracket in order to look straight when installed.

IMG_3541.jpg   IMG_3542.jpg

As for function - I've been running the stock fender on the Scura and noticed that it does get dirtier with the stock fender, so even if it's only to prevent road debris from accumulating, especially on the shock, I'm happy to have it back on.

I still think it looks cool. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

So, three years later, how is it holding up?

I'm particularly intrigued by your observation that this aftermarket fender is keeping the shock and underside cleaner than the big bulky OEM fender.  Is that sill your observation?

Is there no/little risk in the fender rotating and "falling down" onto the top of the tire since it is only held by the shock mounting bolt?

Still fine - but the bike's been sitting too much recently.

The fender cannot hit the tire, because the bracket would contact the swingarm first.

• Like 1