Where the fun starts

Scud

This is one of my favorite signs. I visited it today shortly after sunrise. It's on Route 74 in Riverside County, California - leaving Hemet on the way to Idyllwild and Palm Desert.

Is there a special sign, scene, or other landmark that says to you: "This is where the fun starts."?

IMG_2457.jpg

That is gorgeous and compelling. Also colorful and hauntingly dark at the same time.  :rasta:  :ninja:

Thanks.  I just put a higher-resolution file in the gallery.

Anybody else have a picture of the place that lets you know you're coming up on great road? The spot that says "let the fun begin."  Ideally with your bike in it...

I'll give this thread another push to see if there's any other interest in a topic like this.

Here's this morning on a 2-hour 80-mile loop. I always get excited when I see signs that warn big trucks not to go further - that's a "where the fun starts" sign for me. We got snow down to 1400 feet elevation, which is unusual for us. 

IMG_2656.jpg

BTW - I just LOVE the glove warmers on the Scura. Do all V11s have this feature?

The photo was taken at the flag on the map - at the start of a particularly narrow and twisty section.

"Glove warmers?" You have heated handgrips? These are not original equipment on any V11. Watch your power draw at various rpm so as not to arrive with warm hands, but go no further . . . I was ok with heated gloves (Gerbings), but not gloves aaaaaand a jacket - too many watts to the wind!

This time of year, for a lot of us, the fun begins here:

DSCN2322.jpg

"Glove warmers?" You have heated handgrips? These are not original equipment on any V11. Watch your power draw at various rpm so as not to arrive with warm hands, but go no further . . . I was ok with heated gloves (Gerbings), but not gloves aaaaaand a jacket - too many watts to the wind!

I was being playful - my gloves are stuffed between the valve covers and the tank. Everything's black, so you have to look closely at the picture. On snow rides on the dirt bike, I always grab the muffler to warm my hands. The valve covers on the Guzzi are perfect for stop-light warm ups and "glove-warmers" when I get off for a moment. 

Nice tool box!

The South Is of NZ is practically riddled with signs. Straight pieces of road on highways are unusual.

I don't have an actual "bucket list" but if I did, touring the South Island of NZ on a bike would be on it. I've been to the North Island a couple times - stunningly beautiful.

The South Is of NZ is practically riddled with signs. Straight pieces of road on highways are unusual.

I don't have an actual "bucket list" but if I did, touring the South Island of NZ on a bike would be on it. I've been to the North Island a couple times - stunningly beautiful.

Now that would make for a proper South'n Spine Raid!!

Gloves on the valve covers! How many of us have done that! :sun:

If you think the North is pretty you'll be drooling at the South.

You guys are in luck, guzzigander has added a v11 lemans to the nz hire fleet! Nb those are nz $ , and worth every cent! I had a magical 5 week trip touring nz on a transalp once...I really must go back

http://www.guzzigander.com/leman.html

Oh man, that's tempting - although I'd probably rent the Norge to do the whole island. What a great option for snow-bound northern-hemisphere dwellers. It's summer in New Zealand right now and it only costs US$0.77 to get a NZ dollar.

Link saved to "bucket list." Thanks for sharing it.  :bier:

• 4 weeks later...

fun starts when you buy a guzzi

S island NZ is beautiful (was on a train sitting above the hitch on the last car)

clean set up in the toolbox docc, 

fun starts with a wide open throttle in 3rd at 5000rpm for me

• Like 1