Edge Guards

edge

WANTED: Somebody to take over the crafting of Edge Guards for the community. I have been off the grid for a few years, the Guzzi is gone, and I have a box of molding blocks and tools that I used to make "Edge-Guards" for the community. I have the original rear strut mold, and various templates for the battery box, upper shock lug cover, etc... What I am looking for is someone with simple craft skills, passion for the community and mark, and willingness to keep making them to fill the demand. It's takes Kydex sheet plastic, a small router/dremel for cutting plastic blanks, and a heat gun to form, as well as a V11 to hand mold the lug covers. I made a couple hundred for the community in the day, did them at cost +shipping world wide (and made lots of friends in the process). Don't bother me if you’re not all in on this, trying to make a buck, or will leave it sitting on the garage floor. I'll send you what I have, and walk you through the process for putting together the kits. It was a simple solution to a common problem (search it). Sorry for the delay on offering this back to the community but I hope the right guy/gal steps up.

• Like 1

These are an extraordinary addition to the V11. They do an amazing job of keeping the shock, shock eyes, and electrics clean and secure. Thank, again, Edge for the extra effort! :notworthy: 

(I hope someone picks these up!!)

DSCN1796.JPG

DSCN1797.JPG

DSCN1798.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Just to let you know the 'www.pashnit....' link does not work.

Yeah, thanks, it's been broken for a while now.  I need to remove the link from this signature and some others elsewhere. 

Tim (Pashnit) moved and reworked the site a while back, eliminated the old forum and also removed the various bike reviews.  I didn't know about it for a while until one day I clicked and found the entire site gone.

I actually just got the original text from him a few weeks ago, and he may host it again, or maybe not.  There are a lot of better V11 Le Mans text and video reviews that have been created after this initial write up back in 2002 that are now available online.

• Like 1