Blown clutch plates and now what:)

turo

Over the Forth of July holiday I lost my clutch on my 2003 Rosso Corsa, more specifically the clutch plates broke apart. I had a new clutch installed...which leads me to these questions.

1) Is this common?

2) The thing is much louder than before, it clangs like a freaking bell.  Is this normal, I mean I know these clutches are loud but this is a little crazy...or will it quite down after a few thousand miles?

3) Is there a better clutch option, meaning is there a better aftermarket clutch or other alternative that is quieter and more reliable?
Thank you in advance:)

-john

I had my clutch plates separate at 16,000 mi. I put new ones in and I think at first they were a bit louder.

Not as loud as a ducati, but after time either they quieted down or I got used to it.

If the clutch is nice and smooth and is operating correctly why worry?

What clutch did you have installed?

• 2 weeks later...

I had my clutch plates separate at 16,000 mi. I put new ones in and I think at first they were a bit louder.

Not as loud as a ducati, but after time either they quieted down or I got used to it.

If the clutch is nice and smooth and is operating correctly why worry?

What clutch did you have installed?

I had the Moto Guzzi stock replacement clutch installed.  I'm worried, because if after 12,000 it happened once I'm afraid at 25,000 it'll happen again. Aside from the noise the clutch works just fine! I'm gonna put some miles on the bike this summer, let's see if the noise quiets down:)  

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it.

the spoked friction plates are know to break occasionally but I thought that was back in the 90's.. do they still use the same parts?

Not sure if they still use the same parts from the 90's...this was a stock replacement clutch, let's see how it goes:)

Thanks for your feedback, it's much appreciated!