Eleventh South'n Spine Raid 2015

Bill Hagan

Any winter musings about 2015 SSR?

Bill (at the frigid top of Virginia)

On our calendar, docc.

It's the only "rally" Kathi will even think about attending.

Good luck, czakky.   :whistle:

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

I see on the Georgia Guzzi board that Wayne Orwig is trying to make the annual Georgia campout unrally for the 26 - 28 September weekend at the Place-Formerly-Known-as-T.W.O. http://twowheelsofsuches.com.

On the bright side, that "deconflicting" of the past couple of years may bring some of those folks to the SSR :race: ; on the downside, we might not get the "free lunch" at Riders Hill!   :food:  :unsure:

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Had to reread this thread to revive my sagging -- actually, frozen -- spirits.  Will spring ever come?   :huh2:

In the meantime, doing required (and not so required  :rolleyes: ) maintenance to all three harem members.  The EV is done. I stopped on the Griso because I cannot get the foxtrotting fuel-line "quick release" to let go.  

So, the Norge is on the lift.  It might be the mount of choice, anyway ... tho, hmmm. It and Griso have SSR battle stars; the EV doesn't.  Could be.   ;)

i-dJ2XMsn-L.jpg

At least I had a capable assistant.   :wub:

i-4mKZ58f-L.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

OK, docc has found it necessary to name his (trailer trip) “ride” to Florida — the state that makes Kansas seem as if it’s in the Alps — in Italian: “raduno di baffi e chiavi,” which he says means, "Whiskers & Spanners” or "Moustache and Keys." 

Well, I’m thinking that, under the circumstances, "Southern Spine Raid” sounds a bit pedestrian, even redneck.  

So, following docc’s lead for his “raduno,” perhaps we should rename this annual event, "Meridionale Spina Dorsale Razzia,” though an alternate translation seems to be “Hooligans on the Cherohala.”

Best from the top of Virginia where my EV is combat ready, but my Norge is still in pieces, and the Griso awaits its turn for my wrenching butchery.

Bill

i-7tmj4Xs-L.jpg

• Like 2