Eleventh South'n Spine Raid 2015

Bill Hagan

". . . wrenching butchery . . . "  :o

I'm not sure whether to recommend treatment or have you arrested . :unsure:

I have, honestly, been derelict in renaming the other thread "Eat, Shrimp, and Ride. / Two outta three ain't bad!" :sun:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Riding to the local rendezvous (retata?) at Lieper's Fork, TN, it was quite a thrill to pass another V11 oncoming and discover him back at the gathering place. Nice to meet blacklist and see his black 2000 Sport!

Talk of the Spine Raid arose with the realization that we are four months out . . .

Somehow the whole eastern Mississippi idea didn't get far :huh2:

Apparently, we should all expect a little wrenching butchery and not be alarmed. Someone should bring a Honda to get us all warmed up . . . :o

• Like 1

What a delightful bunch of literati smartasses I have fallen among as a result of retiring and being bitten hard on the ass by the giant Guzzibug in the sky... and there aint no cure to endure... except to ride more miles and have more smiles... my kinda guys... glad to be here among my birds of a feather, gettin" it together.

As an old wise friend and mentor used to say... "We shall see"

yup                            That old fart knew his stuff.        Now it's my turn to try to be like him.

Hillbilly motorhead silly seamus

• Like 1

Hi, Seamus! Yah, this is the place to be! What an extraordinary community of slightly bent, offbeat, interesting characters.

You would not be disappointed at a Spine Raid! :thumbsup:

Well, "some people" just talk about the SSRMMXV ... others have reserved a cabin.   :grin:

i-HGBZ8Jh-L.jpg

i-BTJsHj7-L.jpg

Walt and crew say "hi," btw.

Bill

If all goes well I plan on attending the event, it will be my first time. Can someone please post the address where everyone stays so I can get my reservation in early. Tanx

Jerry

If all goes well I plan on attending the event, it will be my first time. Can someone please post the address where everyone stays so I can get my reservation in early. Tanx

Jerry

http://www.lodgeattellico.com

Great place; nice folks.

Just don't mention you are with docc's bunch.   :grin:

Seriously, say you are; not sure we get "special treatment," but it always seems that way.

Bill

A picture's worth some thousands of words;

"So, a Norge, a Boxer, and a John Deere show up at a lodge in the mountains . . . " B)

The dog -- can't recall his name, darn it -- was a piece of work.

Trotted behind Walt while the latter was on the tractor.

Then, when he saw visitors, i.e., us, he ran around 'til he found the right stick, which he then deposited at our feet, and sat, waiting for us to throw it.  Which, of course, we did.  

Then, as we went in to the lodge to reserve the SSR cabin, he dropped the stick, came in with us, and watched us to make sure we didn't get away out some back door, thereby missing out  on more stick throwing.  We didn't.   :D

When we did leave, he went right back to "work" behind Walt on the JD.

Cool dog.   ;)

Bill

Reservation made! Now if I can just find a horn for the Daytona before September that plays "Dixie".....

Nah.

Be brave: 

Bill