Eleventh South'n Spine Raid 2015

Bill Hagan

• 3 weeks later...

Roger that. Will relay.

You know those law dogs... ifn't it cain't be documented and archived.... you know the rest.

PS... Are we all bringing Stars and Bars to protest the northern agression against the Southern States?....

PPS... (Insert inappropriate Rainbow Flag Comments here)....

PPPS... Testing Barleywine after 3 months of bottle fermentation ...(should be ready in October).... May have to sneak a couple of 22 ouncers to the raid...

• 2 weeks later...

Just made my reservation with Walt (The Lodge at Tellico, 423.253.2506). Sounds like quite a few of you are in already. Although the rooms aren't particularly suited for doubling up (king bed and a kid's bed), be sure to post if you're looking to share a room.

Walt had a group want to rent the whole campus, but - the gentleman that he is -  told them we'd been coming five years (this is our sixth in Tellico). :thumbsup:

So, eight weeks out, let's start to firm up a plan (as-it-were). :blink::sun:

Just made my reservation with Walt (The Lodge at Tellico, 423.253.2506). Sounds like quite a few of you are in already. Although the rooms aren't particularly suited for doubling up (king bed and a kid's bed), be sure to post if you're looking to share a room.

Walt had a group want to rent the whole campus, but - the gentleman that he is -  told them we'd been coming five years (this is our sixth in Tellico). :thumbsup:

So, eight weeks out, let's start to firm up a plan (as-it-were). :blink::sun:

Would be a shame to have Walt lose bu$ine$$ if we or others didn't fill it on that weekend.

Hoping I can figure the remaining gremlin or two on the Norge before then, as Kathi gives me "The Look" when I mention us two-up on the Griso.   :whistle:

Bill

Just made my reservation,  got the basic room.  Unfortunately they are not pet friendly (but they still let us Guzzi riders in?) so not sure if my wife will be joining us.  Hopefully we can find a dog sitter or I will be attending alone.  Looking forward to the ride!

Jerry 

Talk to Walt - he's a dog-guy (or is it that "Rambo" is a guy-dog?) B)

There may be some local support . . .

Yup.

i-HGBZ8Jh-L.jpg

But, even dog-loving hoteliers can be soured by how some guests seem oblivious to the damage pets can do.

Yeah, some guests don't need pets or kids to that, either.  I would last about 24 hours in the "hospitality industry" before I was arraigned for assault!  ;)

Seriously, Jerry, do give Walt or Anna a call about this, but they've seen it all and may be unable to grant an exception without causing hard feelings with others.

Bill

I was thinking they may have a local resource. There was a kennel just outside of town, but she's been closed a couple years.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.  Our golden retriever is a seven year old retired therapy dog that gets bathed and groomed every month.  Sometimes I think my wife worries about him more than me.  I know he gets treated better.  Hope she doesn't read this!!   

Seven (+) weeks out and it's time to consider this year's Tech Session. :luigi:

Sometimes, these present themselves un-asked-for. :o  As in, "What to Do with A Crossover Pipe F.O.R.D" or "Relay 101."

Others have been by *design* :rolleyes: : "How To Put a Case of Ale in the Tekno Panniers" or "How Far Off Center is Your Swingarm?"

So, what-next-most?

Will guzzidiag run on a SmartPhone?

I have been informed that the Chancellor just reserved a room at the Lodge, and I suspect that means that the inimitable George, his Personal Security Aide, will be rooming with him.

As a result, perhaps we could work up a session on the order of, e.g., "Using ST1300 Parts on Moto Guzzis: The Basics," with follow-on classes or break-out sessions focusing on specifics, e.g, "Commonality of Suspension Components: Close Really Is Good Enough."  

As the Chancellor rides a Beemer or Kaw14 on whim, we need to be prepared with syllabi addressing both.

Bill

Finally got myself in gear. Daytona wheels are at the powder coater and the new Michelin Pilot Road skins are in route. I wanted to soda blast the motor before the SSR but that's going to have to wait till winter since I still need to do the top end.