What about Greenies?

LowRyter

I guess there is nothing special regarding Greenies' VIN or the numbers of them that were built?

Other than being the best looking motorcycle of all time, there is no reason to make note here.

:oldgit:

move along,there is nothing to see here, move along.

I remember when the Greenie first came out. I loved it immediately (but didn't commit and just kept my BMW). It's fun that everyone thinks their own model is the best - when everyone knows, by any reasonable and objective criteria, that the best looking motorcycle of all time is the Scura.

That's why the Scura is the only bike on this forum to have a dedicated smiley-guy.  :ninja: In fact, it has two:   :ninja:  :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

We could have a red frame registry but that would mean that the beautiful Greenies would associated with those dower gray and ink colored bikes.  

The Greenies stand alone  :oldgit:

• Like 1

Lots of matching clothes available for Greenies.  

BTW - what's with the ink-colored bags and bikini fairing in your profile pic? I don't get it - why not green? Red helmet is good with frame & porkchops.  :thumbsup:

On a more serious note - isn't there a way to determine date of manufacture by entering numbers online somewhere? Perhaps you could start a new thread and use the first entry to maintain a table something like this:

Owner                Location           Some digits from Frame #      Some digits from Engine #      Date of Manufacture

Low Ryter          OK, USA           xxxxxxxx                                 xxxxxxx                                   DD/MM/YYYY

That'd be a bit more work than for the bikes with number badges (Scura, Tenni, etc.) but maybe you could figure out about how many were made if you notice some patterns in the data.  I'm not sure which digits would be useful, but I assume most people would not want to post the complete numbers.

Wouldn't be interesting if the Greenies were fewer in number than some of the "limited" editions?

isn't there a way to determine date of manufacture by entering numbers online

Only the official (original) model name will be displayed at the Piaggio "recalls" page. This can be helpful also if the bike has been changed a lot later. As far as I know, only the official dealer can get the orignal manufacturing date with the VIN.

the bikes with number badges

Is it so that only Scura has the number badge on the upper triple clamp and the first series of Rosso Mandello had the number on the side cover? Others not, allthough more rare models were manufactured (like LeMans Nero Corsa, LeMans Tenni, Scura R and Coppa Italia).

15068db9.jpg

I have lust in my heart for a greenie..

this one will be used up before I can get it.. He rides in to bike night regularly from home some 180 miles away.. think it's north of 70k now..

dig the QuatD

IMG_0331.jpg

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/4892785067.html

There's one for sale in San Francisco with some interesting modifications. She needs some love.

Edit: I just read the ad in detail. It looks like a greenie - but it's a champagne Le Mans with Greenie tank and tail.

Edited by Scud

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking about parting with my greenie, high mileage, warts, nicks and all I only rode it once in the last 12 months, much as I lover her it's time to move on.

I'm thinking about parting with my greenie, high mileage, warts, nicks and all I only rode it once in the last 12 months, much as I lover her it's time to move on.

Oh, my! :o

Don't leave us, Roy! Our electrons won't know what to do with themselves! :notworthy: