What about Greenies?

LowRyter

I'm always miss reading numbers isn't there a name for that

Zgukrakr91m113775 is on the sticker in manual

Sent from my shoe phone!

• 2 months later...

hello new here, cool forum, lots of informative stuff.

I own a 2000 v11 sport, fun bike, no real issues so far, 20,000 miles.

xxxxxxx112068, jan 2000

• Like 1

Greenies worth 4 times the other colors, or is it because some actor owned it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Moto-Guzzi-V11-Sport-/222605924479?hash=item33d458d87f:g:U0wAAOSwR4FZiMDU&vxp=mtr

It's the same price as they are asking for the Tenni.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys 

looks like I’m getting more and more busy on this forum. !! 

Just returned from a 200 mile blast from Portsmouth to Banbury and back on my Greenie  . She still looks pretty as I give her lots of love  . Three years together  . 

19688 miles on the clock  . 

Just fitted a new maxton shock . Replacing the cracked Sachs original  . Just serviced her with oils and filters and talking to the gurus about TPS and tune up . 

Loving her still  

number ZGUKROOOOXM111488

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi to All,

I have Been 20 years drooling over greenies, bought and sold a few other guzzies and still have a handfull from Airone to Stevio (now for sale).  I serviced a friend's Cafe Nero recently and could not keep my eyes off it: Marabese is a genius , it must be one of the cleanest  motorcycle design of all times.

Anyway this same  friend told me of a Greenie for sale in Dublin, and it just happened that he had to go there in a couple of days. So we went , saw and conquered... without blood nor money changing hands. (straight swap)

So there she is, one of the earliest 99 Greenie  with ZGUKR0000111243 it makes it the 132nd produced and the engine at 111200 the 99th produced.

All original, new relays excellent body work but the usual eczema on the engine paint.: thinking of a quiet day with a dremel and a couple of beers. I have a 1985 T5 for over 20 years and the cases are just powerwashed from time to time with a thin coat of ACF50, they look finethat way and don't oxydate.

I ordered some risers from China for a tenner including postage as i am not as flexible as i used to be and might fabricate a peg lowering kit myself in due time .

Anyway, I am looking forward to read your posts and exchange with you all, being an ignorant of all things electronic I will be needing your wisdom .resetting tps and all obscure things like that...i am in essence a magneto man : one wire from Mag to plug and basta!

v11 200.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Emeraldv11 said:

Hi to All,

I have Been 20 years drooling over greenies, bought and sold a few other guzzies and still have a handfull from Airone to Stevio (now for sale).  I serviced a friend's Cafe Nero recently and could not keep my eyes off it: Marabese is a genius , it must be one of the cleanest  motorcycle design of all times.

Anyway this same  friend told me of a Greenie for sale in Dublin, and it just happened that he had to go there in a couple of days. So we went , saw and conquered... without blood nor money changing hands. (straight swap)

So there she is, one of the earliest 99 Greenie  with ZGUKR0000111243 it makes it the 132nd produced and the engine at 111200 the 99th produced.

All original, new relays excellent body work but the usual eczema on the engine paint.: thinking of a quiet day with a dremel and a couple of beers. I have a 1985 T5 for over 20 years and the cases are just powerwashed from time to time with a thin coat of ACF50, they look finethat way and don't oxydate.

I ordered some risers from China for a tenner including postage as i am not as flexible as i used to be and might fabricate a peg lowering kit myself in due time .

Anyway, I am looking forward to read your posts and exchange with you all, being an ignorant of all things electronic I will be needing your wisdom .resetting tps and all obscure things like that...i am in essence a magneto man : one wire from Mag to plug and basta!

v11 200.jpg

Excellent choice. If you aren't drawn by that green you don't have a soul.

I'm unclear as to what you traded for the Greenie.

Also those mufflers are stupid heavy. You don't realize until you pick one up.

Hi Swooshdave, I traded a Ducati 350 single, non desmo.it was showroom condition but hard and confined enough for 60 year old...

I have a pair of Mistral in mind, these beauties greatly benefit to a biteen of Pavarottisation!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

e6d76ce6e3b5563e52b58ef5f375f217.jpg

Hello folks!

Here’s Mizz Greenie. My second Guzzi, and my first bike after 24 years hiatus.

Besides Halycon bar-end mirrors and Mistral(?) mufflers with nice and deep sound, the bike is in stock condition.

The winter is coming, so I have plans for some tuning and customization. Not radical changes, just one step at a time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2