What about Greenies?

LowRyter

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The Greenie’s no quicker / better to ride than the other short framed V11’s but I cannot think of a cooler looking motorcycle, it oozes class

I’ve also got an early silver V11; it got me thinking, I see a few Greenies around, the occasional silver one - they seem to be rarer, but cannot remember the last time I saw a black short (red) framed V11. The black ones must be the rarest 

C35CAB66-AEFB-4FD2-A158-9CF15668BBAD.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The green is beautiful, and all three colors are so well suited to the bike I could not decide which to pursue while I looked for one. I still scour the adverts as I always have and though not as many come up these days, it seemed in the past there were always more green for sale, closely followed by silver, and hardly any in black. I don't know if this reflects production numbers but I suspect it does. It seems clear that they planned for the green. The silver, which I'll bet is the base coat for the green, was a natural choice and in keeping with the sport heritage. Vivid black maybe was just a safe third choice. I'm glad such a nice black one popped up for sale so near me.

• Like 4

I can honestly say I cannot ever recall seeing a real live black V11, or even an advert for one in recent years, it would be interesting to see the actual production nos

• Like 1