Timing Gear Set - Replacing timing chain

FalcoLion

I replaced a set of gears for a guy's Centauro. It wasn't *quite* that bad..:o:D but I could feel the particulates in the oil as soon as I opened the timing chest. If I would have kept mine, I was planning on a chain at the next belt service.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chuck said:

I replaced a set of gears for a guy's Centauro. It wasn't *quite* that bad..:o:D but I could feel the particulates in the oil as soon as I opened the timing chest. If I would have kept mine, I was planning on a chain at the next belt service.

The gears in my Centauro engine were worn (mileage unknown, but lots I suspect) enough for me to not want to re use them. Surprisingly the oil pump was in fine shape. I went with the Caruso gears again same as my 2 valver.

Ciao

10 hours ago, luhbo said:

Such engines definitely needed loud pipes :)

No muffler, that is a reverse cone megaphone on the Wildcat Scrambler. What I did not know was that Parilla used the Gran Sport road racing motor in the Wildcat. Some noise and some fun!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, po18guy said:

No muffler, that is a reverse cone megaphone on the Wildcat Scrambler. What I did not know was that Parilla used the Gran Sport road racing motor in the Wildcat. Some noise and some fun!

I own some Triumph 2-strokes from the early 50ies and it's really an amazing thing to watch them slowly idle and hear nothing but in- and output noises. No gears, no valves, no clutch, nothing. Maybe a faint hum of the primary chain, that's all. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mikko said:

I have a set of Joe’s gears on order along with his updated oil pump. I think I will have the parts micro blued before they get installed. Shame that scumbags sell cheap crap like that...

I'm a big fan of MicroBlue.

85 LM1000 build

Photos

• Like 2

• 2 months later...