Fuel Injection

cash1000

With this its easy to revert back to original settings. Reflashing requires sending ECU away so bike is off road in meant time and if you don't like what you get you have to go through whole process again to revert back to original settings.

I will send a email to them asking if it suits V11. My mufflers have been opened up so wondering how you adjust for that.

I would venture that a Rosso Mandello would adjust well for more open exhaust with a complete tune-up (including TPS and throttle body balance), and being sure that the CO is proper and not fabulously lean.

That said, I would really like to learn this guzzidiag thing.

Most curios. It would be much easier if somebody could figure out what AFR is set to in the ECU in bikes with a Lambda sensor, and we could just use Guzzidiag to change it to the desired AFR setting. I had a FatDuc on my 2007 Griso, and all it did was make the check engine light go on. When installed on my 2009 V7 Classic, MPG dropped considerably, and I figured excess fuel was getting washed down the cylinders, and into the crankcase oil. It was removed in a hurry.

Who really knows what these Motociclo units do without monitoring the AFR ratio. Having the bike run too rich can be just as dangerous and running too lean. Don't mess with your intake or exhaust too much, and you won't have to worry about these things. 

For $200-250, you can get an AFR meter (you'll have to install the Lambda/O2 sensor, which may include adding a bung), get Guzzidiag for free, and monitor all of your adjustments to your ECU fuel map. Create your own maps, and know that everything is good.

Ken

I bought and fitted the fuel compensator last year with open pipes and it does what it says, adjusts the fuel mix with a number of switches, it wires in between the air temp sensor and the ECU so I guess it simply makes the ECU think that the air is colder than it is and injecting more fuel, at the end of the season I reverted back to stock pipes and removed the unit cos my bike runs best this way and sometimes I don't want to make so much noise.

In the end widgets like those are always a compromise. The problem is that they can only adjust the whole map in one direction or the other. Typically parts of the stock map are too lean while other parts are too rich. There is no one adjustment widget that will fix the whole map. Depending one where you ride, how you ride, and what bothers you, you may find that overall one of those widgets makes you think things are much better. It also might make you think things are much worse. the reality is likely somewhere in the middle. but due to the way they work they are at best a band-aid. Either the GuzziDiag software (too much trouble for me) or an adjustable modifier like a PowerCommander can actually allow you to take away fuel where you have too much and add it where you have to little.

I look at widgets like the one in question as a overly simple answer to an overly complex question.

• Like 1