V11 lemans tail tidy

Guzzipk

Are you interested in another stock unit to cut down? If you know someone in the us to ship cheaper, there is a v11 being wrecked

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTO-GUZZI-V1100-V11-V-11-SPORT-01-LEMANS-REAR-OUTER-FENDER-LICENSE-LIGHT-MOUNT-/371116405816?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item566842f438&vxp=mtr

• 2 weeks later...

I made a fender eliminator that uses the stock tail light (which I actually like), turn signals and the turn signal spacers from the front lights.  I always intended to complete a set of DIY instructions to share on the forum.  I got about 80% of the way there, and that 80% is attached below.  There are printable patterns for 2 brackets that will need to be cut out, bent and welded together.  The design also incorporates a plastic splash guard, but I haven't made a pattern for that.  Anyone who can get through the first part can figure out the splash guard pattern (start w/ the license plate shape).  I'll take some pics of mine and post them up here soon.

By the way, making one of these assemblies, then installing that assembly onto a motorcycle and operating that motorcycle anywhere other than your garage is most likely illegal and could in result in gruesome injuries.  I'm not advising that anyone do so!

Dan

V11 Sport Fender Eliminator Bracket (preliminary).PDF

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Here are a couple photos just to close the loop on my earlier post.  I tried to get a similar angle to the picture Scud posted of his modified stock fender  My results aren't that much more compact than his.

I've been running this setup for 5 or 6 years now.  Lately I have been thinking about thinking about re doing this bracket and switching over to LEDs for the tail, indicator and dash lights.  I got one of these to try out:

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-CRF250X-CRF450X-Brake-Indicator/dp/B009IE4ETM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434205278&sr=8-1&keywords=crf+led+tail+light

It's way brighter than the stock unit, and really small.

I like the style and size of this one too:

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-electronic-lighting-parts-lucas-led-taillight-no-bracket-225-1008.html

Fender Eliminator 1.JPG

Fender Eliminator 2.JPG

Fender Eliminator 3.JPG

• 1 month later...

nice job danl. I adhere to 'cheap is the mother of invention' so I love it. creative and Spartan. I'm about to do something similar, just don't know what yet. I personally do not care for the stock light. nice shape-too big. we'll see. there are a butt load of those skinny repli-racer stock under-tail systems that get thrown out as soon as the bike gets brought home. I'm watching epay for one now. thanks for the post

• 1 month later...