Fitting a Laverda 750 SFC Fairing

Craig

I fell in love with a V11 with Laverda SFC750 Fairing. 

motocykly-z-casopisu-motocykl-12-2010-mo

Tonight I ordered a fairing and windscreen from Motoforzafairings.com in the Czech Republic. 

I don't expect it will arrive for several weeks given the distance.  It will require a custom mounting bracket.  The final color with be a deep blue.  I will document the process and let's hope this doesn't turn into a fiasco.

• Like 3

It will probably go SAL, surface air lifted, not slow like a slow boat from China.

Stock V11 attaches to the inboard valve cover bolts. What about yours?

I haven't put a lot of thought into the mount yet.  Once I have the fairing in hand I will mock it up and see what makes sense.  I will probably use 1/4" steel rod to make a trellis with 1/8" sheet for tabs and weld it up.  If I get really adventurous I will try to weld it up from aluminum, but I make more holes than welds when I try aluminum.  Thanks for the info about the inboard valve cover bolts. That will certainly be on the list.

I received an email from MotoForza this morning.  They noticed that I only ordered 2 screen bolts.  The picture on the website makes it look like they come in sets of four.  I asked them to add 6 more to the order.  2 euros per bolt is a bit steep, but I appreciate that they noticed and asked.  That is a good sign regarding customer service.

I need to order an acrylic drill bit.  I have had enough bad experiences in the past drilling lexan with 60 degree bits.  I do not want to hose this one up. 

Looking at the photo, those clip-ons look viciously low. Does your Ballabio have clip ons?

I had to change my clip-ons when I added a fairing, as the stock rise wouldn't let me drop them on the forks, due to a diameter change a few inches below the top triple clamp. My Sport has 54mm forks, the only source for them is Woodcraft:

http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?display=home

Good luck with it, it does look good.

j.

JB,

Craig just bought the clip ons from my 2004 Naked that were never on. It sounds like he'll be able to make them work. Anyone who cosiders welding aluminium probally has enough skills to tackle mounting a fairing.

The fairing reminds me of one of my first bikes; a Honda 400/4 F2, in the same colour as the picture

I checked the fairing plus screen price plus shipping to Canada. Using PayPal it is Euro 182. Not that bad if the quality is OK. I need a windscreen for my SFC ..... might wait to see what you get and then order a couple.

Yeah, the proof is in the pudding.  As long as the shape is good and the windscreen fits well I can add reinforcement. 

I fell in love with a V11 with Laverda SFC750 Fairing. 

motocykly-z-casopisu-motocykl-12-2010-mo

Tonight I ordered a fairing and windscreen from Motoforzafairings.com in the Czech Republic. 

I don't expect it will arrive for several weeks given the distance.  It will require a custom mounting bracket.  The final color with be a deep blue.  I will document the process and let's hope this doesn't turn into a fiasco.

I just noticed the paint job on the engine.  Looks nice.

I wonder if the stock LeMans fairing support can somehow be wrangled into working with this fairing. The part number is 01578660…