Fitting a Laverda 750 SFC Fairing

Craig

Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 11.05.44 PM.jpg

I think you might be looking for part number 12 or 13 - not sure what the difference is.

I am looking forward to this project.  :pic:

I found this article (which I cannot read) but it has more pictures of the same bike with the fairing installed.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-02-22 at 11.05.44 PM.jpg

I think you might be looking for part number 12 or 13 - not sure what the difference is.

I am looking forward to this project.  :pic:

I found this article (which I cannot read) but it has more pictures of the same bike with the fairing installed.

I think 12 and 13 are right and left.  Those are similar to what I am thinking.  Simple sheet metal brackets mounting in the rear.  I need to see the fairing mocked up to figure whether they would work or not.   I also need to see if the fairing is stiff enough or needs more support.  Hopefully I can find a way that I can mount the fairing and be able to do a valve adjust without removing it.

I got an email from MotoForza this morning saying my ordered had shipped.  So far, I feel it has been good communication.  There English is far better than my Czech!

This is the part I was referencing, number 12 in this drawing:

headlightbracket.png

It attaches to the steering neck tube and provides the internal mounts for the front end of the fairing. You will need it, or something like it, to mount your headlight. The little tabs you are talking about are not enough to secure the fairing properly. This bracket might be too big, because the stock LeMans fairing is bigger, but it would be a good starting point for you because it has the proper mounts for the headlight and the correct connection to the bike frame. The mounts for the fairing itself would likely need to be cut down and or bent somewhat to suit the smaller shape of the Laverda fairing, but again, you will need this, or something like it.

It's par for the course, the vast majority of aftermarket bodywork vendors, such as Airtech, go out of their way to tell you that you are on your own when it comes to mounting their stuff, even with bikes that they have themselves built. I once contacted someone (who shall remain nameless) who makes an MGS01 replica body kit, who had all the parts in stock and ready to ship to me, but could not provide any details as to what the hardware would need to be, even though he had built one himself and has photos to show. I found it really hard to believe he didn't have any drawings or any other documentation or measurements he could provide, and decided not to buy it because it pissed me off so much.

If I were selling fairings I would either sell full up kits or do it the way Aerotech does it. Supporting people with wildly varying skill sets would rapidly eat any available time. Providing drawings helps a few but confuses the vast majority and if they do it wrong there are always those who will blame you for their inabilities.

I don't want to know how MotoForza did theirs. I can do as well and probably better. I will probably build a full support structure from the valve covers forward to the head lamp and up to the windscreen base. Much depends on how stiff the fairing is.

It won't be the lightest possible but it will be sturdy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would so try to isolate my fairing from the engine.

That red "LeMans" (Sport Corse Extrema?) is perhaps the most beautiful V11 I've ever seen.  (Don't let my Sport hear that! :o )

Whilst I love the fairing, I keep wondering how much of the total visual appeal is due to the rest of the build? I love the polished forks / wheels / tidy rear end/ de emphasised pork chops + motor, even the rearsets look neat. Don't tell my lemon....

Whilst I love the fairing, I keep wondering how much of the total visual appeal is due to the rest of the build? I love the polished forks / wheels / tidy rear end/ de emphasised pork chops + motor, even the rearsets look neat. Don't tell my lemon....

Oh, there is no doubt that it is a complete package--but that fairing goes a long way to achieving that look; more so than any other single component.  But you're onto something:  the reverse cone mufflers, the nakedness of the mid section, the cleanliness of the front end, etc.  Good stuff.

Craig, I hear ya--I've mounted enough race glass on race bikes to know how wildly varying the mounting methods can be (not to mention the quality of those methods... lol).  It was nice to buy "race" aluminum brackets from Airtech and Sharksinz back in the day--it made mounting the front easy, and th rest of the body work could be made to fit around it.