Fitting a Laverda 750 SFC Fairing

Craig

"4. Do all V11s have the mounting tabs (bolt tubes,) for a fairing on the headstock or only those that had an OEM fairing fitted? "  all frames have them

Stunning on a V11. Works very well with the Sport lines. I was tempted but for the new riding position. Too low for me. I hope you proceed, I want to watch!:food:

26 minutes ago, footgoose said:

"4. Do all V11s have the mounting tabs (bolt tubes,) for a fairing on the headstock or only those that had an OEM fairing fitted? "  all frames have them

Stunning on a V11. Works very well with the Sport lines. I was tempted but for the new riding position. Too low for me. I hope you proceed, I want to watch!:food:

THANKS fOOTGOOSE. (woops tablock!) Good to know the tabs are on all the v11s. I will definitely do a build thread, photo diary, video diary, but I have to buy the bike first. Might give it a go with the Breva 750 and/or the Griso 1200 that I have now first....

3 hours ago, Calijackalbob said:

THANKS fOOTGOOSE. (woops tablock!) Good to know the tabs are on all the v11s. I will definitely do a build thread, photo diary, video diary, but I have to buy the bike first. Might give it a go with the Breva 750 and/or the Griso 1200 that I have now first....

oops, I shoulda said all V11 frames have them. afaik it came down from the Sport 1100 having a fixed fairing (another source for a fairing stay) and of course the V11 Sport using much the same frame. My 2000 sport has them.

I sold my extra fairing but you can get a look at the std LM bracket here to see how one of these, altered to fit the Laverda might be of some help.

12 hours ago, Calijackalbob said:

1. If I bought a V11 Le Mans, would the existing headlight fairing mounts be usable with the Laverda fairing?

No.  I fabricated my own fair mounts from scratch.

2. If so, what modifications would be required to make it work? (This is assuming anyone has done the fairing swap with a V11 LM. The bike in the pics is a Le Mans....)

I started from a Ballabio.  I modified the wiring harness for the front turn signals removed the handlebars and installed clip-ons.  There is no way to make the fairing work with normal Guzzi bars, even LM is too high

3. If anyone has fitted this fairing on any other  V11 using any other fairing/headlight mount, and if so what did they use?

4. Do all V11s have the mounting tabs (bolt tubes,) for a fairing on the headstock or only those that had an OEM fairing fitted?

I used the headlight mount and added structure to it.

5. If you have done it, step by step Photos would be great to help the rest of us who want to do the same. I promise, if I do it to my bike I will post videos and a step by step photo guide telling how it was done and any issues I had and how they were overcome.

Biggest issue is fabricating the fairing mounts.   The front mount is a welded steel truss that is probably way over built.  The side mounts are 1/8" thick aluminum that bolt onto the valve covers.  I can send you pictures of anything that you can't see, but I don't do "step-by-step".

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I have a question about this topic. I like to order this beautifull fairing for my V11. However I like to know how easy or how difficult it is to mounted this Fairing. Can I keep the original Headlight? Should I replace other part of my bike. Or is it just order the fairing, created some braces a mount it on the bike.

thx regars Tup

• Like 1