Fitting a Laverda 750 SFC Fairing

Craig

This is how he did it... :notworthy:

887586_829509467124783_8414147845675804411424657_829509453791451_49860393910304411111078_829509457124784_90977441368759811406502_829509450458118_28128293611970411411686_829509463791450_75954775230226211402587_829509460458117_172326165005470

Fantastic work Fede78. A couple of questions for you:

Where did you get the 900SS carbon fairing from and which model Guzzi heads did you use? I really like the old-school look of those.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

It's not my work. A Japanese guy did it and he sent me the pics of the job.

Sorry I can't answer your questions.

Ciao.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

I was digging into the forum looking for fairings to install on the V11 and I found this topic...

Following the pics of the bike I like. I believe the fairings are from a Ducati SS... somebody knows what kind of bracket he could have used for it?

Enjoy... :thumbsup:

11922972_869473129795083_592196529853601

:notworthy:  

Beautiful. 'nuff said.

Thanks for the responses Fede78.  It is inspiring stuff: I am on the cusp of ordering a 750SFC fairing.  The red one looks as perfect as I can ever remember seeing a V11. If the Mandello factory had done them in the single colour paint job with the bikini fairing EVERYONE would have wanted a V11! I love the shade of red the Czech guy whose bike inspired this thread is painted in too. that said, Hattori Hanzo's bike is pretty sweet too. The only elements I don't like are the wheels. It is validation that the bikini fairing was made for the V11 though. I am now just waiting for Craig to put up his Azzuro Corsa pictures: it's pretty clear that placement of the fiaring is critical to the looks.

Did anyone else notice that on the red Czech bike the 'ears' on the Laverda fairing have been cut (or more probably ground) down.  I have been A/B ing the red bike versus some original SFC750s and it is clear that the guy who built that Guzzi spent a lot of time on the details: the line of the bottom of the fairing in line with the bottom of the tank, dropping the bars so that they are mid way within the inner vertical curvature of the fairing, the front bullet indicator placement under the SFC fairing, the little badge just under the RHS screen, the high quality paint job on the engine and the beautiful plum colour of the rocker heads. Man,I have spent hours staring at the pictures of that bike...the only thing that worries me about the conversion is dropping the bars by that much (which, as far as I can tell, is going to be mandatory to achieve that look...)

But then if your ride looks that good, who cares if your wrists are murdering you? ;)

Does this Japanese guy have a name or is it Top Secret ?

Ryuchiro Nagai, you can find him on Facebook...

He speaks English a little bit.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

Dang, now the pressure is really on.  I promise to clean the bike and take decent (not good, but decent) pictures this Friday.  I have just not bother to take the time while it is clean! 

C'mon Craig...show us the goodies!!! Then the pressure is on the rest of us to get our bikes similarly in fine shape!

Today is "promise day"  :pic:  :pic:  :pic:  :pic:  :pic:  :pic:  :pic:

Gorgeous. 

In addition to the fairing, I love the gold/orange mirrors and wheel-stripes, the tasteful rear fender (using about 50% of the stock part), the color, custom plate, pipes, I could go on... oh did I mention the color? Wow.

Impressive.

Edit: just staring again.  :P:    Is the seat dark brown? that's fabulous. Where did you get it done (or where did you get the material)?

Edited by Scud

Gorgeous. 

In addition to the fairing, I love the gold/orange mirrors and wheel-stripes, the tasteful rear fender (using about 50% of the stock part), the color, custom plate, pipes, I could go on... oh did I mention the color? Wow.

Impressive.

Edit: just staring again.  :P:    Is the seat dark brown? that's fabulous. Where did you get it done (or where did you get the material)?

Thanks for the kind words.  I wish I was a better photographer.  The blue paint is really stunning in sun light.  It is an Auto Air color called Nightmare Blue. It has great depths and a really sharp metallic sparkle to it.  It shot really easily.  It was the first time I had used Auto Air and I really like them.  I go back and forth on whether or not to paint the rear section.

Good eyes recognizing that the tail tidy is simply the original part cut down. There was quite a bit more engineering to get that idea to work and still be removable with the license plate there.

I am still tinkering with the controls.  I hate the urine sample cups and got an idea from a recent bike on BikeEXIF to bury them in the upper triple. 

I refinished the seat and grips with SEM Cordovan.  It is a flexible aerosol coating I have used with good effect on a few other projects that does an excellent job with color changes on upholstery without breaking the bank.  I did it to a seat on an old K75 that I rode for 25000 miles with no apparent wear.

sem-cordovan-brown-plastic-and-vinyl-col

Thanks for the seat-paint tip. I just noticed where you hid the front turn signals. Excellent.

I wonder how she'd look with the same gold/orange on the head guards? Would that work or be "too much of a good thing?"

The dark tail works well with the blue front - but full color matching would also be nice.  I prefer the look of my red LeMans with all red (not the stock black tail). I have an extra tail section with some repairable road rash - then you could have it both ways.

I'd be tempted to flat-black powercoat a few parts (pillion pegs and hangers, alternator cover, foot levers, rear brake master cylinder guard, etc.) - but that's me.

The Rizoma fluid tanks are a beautiful, although a bit spendy, option. They'd be a nice pair of jewels to crown the work you've done.

What gauges are those?