Fuel Level Switch

Kiwi_Roy

Oil pressure and neutral light all word like they should. 

Usually the low fuel light would come on at 250km. I have gotten to this milage a few times recently but haven't dared to ride much further without fueling up, what should be a 'normal' range for the fuel light to turn on?

The fuel light on mine would come on at 130-140 mile range.  I can't tell you anymore since the odo reset stem fell out of my speedometer.  I've declined to buy another one and relying on the light now.  

BTW- I purchased a replacement fuel level sensor for my EV and the replacement comes on about 20 miles fewer than the old one did.   I just keep that in mind and know I have a few more miles of gas.  

• Like 1

Mine typically begins to glow, off and on, around 150 miles/ 240 km. By the time it is full on and bright, I'm at the roadside performing the Tip-Slosh . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, BramF said:

Usually the low fuel light would come on at 250km. I have gotten to this milage a few times recently but haven't dared to ride much further without fueling up, what should be a 'normal' range for the fuel light to turn on?

All joking aside , there is no " normal " on ANYTHING involving a MotoGuzzi . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FYI .... everyone needs to reread the entire thread on this subject . It would have saved me a lot of trouble TRYING to figure out how it works .

On 2/28/2021 at 10:23 AM, BramF said:

1 hour ago, gstallons said:

FYI .... everyone needs to reread the entire thread on this subject . It would have saved me a lot of trouble TRYING to figure out how it works .

Kiwi_Roy's first post in this thread is very explanatory. Plus, the reminder that the connectors for the Fuel Level Sensor and the Electric Petcock can be switched.

And that is decidedly ungood!

6 minutes ago, docc said:

Kiwi_Roy's first post in this thread is very explanatory. Plus, the reminder that the connectors for the Fuel Level Sensor and the Electric Petcock can be switched. And that is decidedly ungood!

Hence, getting  a new sender on my EV.  

• Like 1