What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

Here is a young NZ woman singing about the frustration of troubleshooting the V11 neutral (green) light and sidestand interlock.

Then she goes on to explain the existential joy of owning an Italian motorcycle.

At least I think that's what she is saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, MartyNZ said:

Here is a young NZ woman singing about the frustration of troubleshooting the V11 neutral (green) light and sidestand interlock.

Then she goes on to explain the existential joy of owning an Italian motorcycle.

At least I think that's what she is saying.

Hot stuff!

"I'm waiting for it!

That green light!

I want it!"

• 1 month later...

I am sure this is no surprise, I saw the Dead & Co last night in Dallas.   They played Texas sentimentals  like EL Paso, New Minglewood Blues, and Deep Ellum Blues.   But then John just tore it up on Sugaree with wild blues and did it again with Jack Straw.  After the break they did the best Shakedown Street I've ever heard and  the rest of the show was total jam out with Uncle John, St Steven and 11.  I haven't ordered the recording yet but I did get some photos from the camera I really hate (and sometimes like).

5FC3DCB2D0EA4C39BAEB973909ED370C.jpg

C52A1F77A98B486DAF764E8AF1F361F4.jpg

84F5AE3A87A24DFC906C33314C4F9F34.jpg

BFA0F579217448B08125EA829A381BA2.jpg

BAF5C9DBE3CC4ECF9BBDD013A677C1CA.jpg

D0952CE02FC8480A8233CD83CAE45073.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am afraid I am going down the rabbit hole into Dead-nation now.  Perhaps it's an obsession or just a window into the past, both cultural and personal.  Most of the Dead Shows have been archived and many have been packaged into CDs and downloads by the keepers of the vault.  So as I fished around, I found D ick's Pick, Vol 19.  D ick Latvala was a Dead recording archivist who put out 36 CD sets.  Vol 19 was the very first Grateful Dead show that I attended back in 1973.  

The only vivid memory I had was some drunk Okie yelling "Truckin'" throughout the show.  Of course they never played it.  After hearing it, some of the memories have come back, the country sound, Bill was the single drummer and really rocks when he plays alone, the Godchauxs' and many more but songs and fewer jams, and Jerry.  It's the beginning of the "wall of sound" and the recording is surprisingly good for the time. 

So here is a link

https://archive.org/details/gd73-10-19.sbd.nayfield.187.sbeok.shnf

6122SNR8ETL._SX355_.jpg

There are several other shows I'd like to get, some are only available with a few songs in larger sets. Some might be poor recordings that were never released unless bootlegged.  In fact there are so many authorized commercial Grateful Dead recordings on the markets, most 2- 3 hours long, that members of the band have not listened to them all.

Fish around, you might find your own memories here.

• Like 2

Warning .. this is Country music.

Today an indy radio station played a full hour of this guy. A great, sad story. I can't believe I've never heard of him. I love finding treasures like this, this way. If you have Amazon Prime and want to hear more, check out a dozen or so. Streams for free.

No good videos I could find.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, gstallons said:

I have been on this planet 63 years and last Friday ( for the 1st time ) I heard Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac . WOW !

Docc , post a video , you know I can't !

So great: listening to "Chicken Shack" (Peter Green) right now! Truly!

Happy Birthday, g!!!