What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Admin Jaap said:

Yep, Harz mountains. near the old West-East German border.

I've done quite a few klms around southern Germany and the problem was always focusing on the road as the scenery was so magnificent. Ran into the back of a Carabinieri in Italy for much the same reason once.

Ciao

5 minutes ago, footgoose said:

Have you seen the True Detective series Doc? She was the bar singer in season 2. Haunting is a very good word. Love her.

All of that series has good music. Great writing and acting as well.

I have not seen that. I'm rather new to getting serious about music. I love this thread and hearing new things you guys dig!

5 hours ago, po18guy said:

Rather eclectic, disjointed, even. From classical to Warren Zevon. Lately have been listening to Johnny Winter, i.e. "It's My Own Fault"

I've got that on vinyl somewhere.  I need to figure how Audisy works to put on digital......There's Johnny B Goode & Jack Flash on that record too.

Any hints would be helpful.  I've got the black box hookup.

• Like 1
On 2/28/2015 at 3:56 PM, Scud said:

I like the older Rush, but had not heard the song you posted - nice one!

Here is Numb, by Gary Clark, Jr. - a recent favorite of mine. 

BTW - How do you embed the play window?

edited after I figured out how to embed.

Great video, awesome song,  one of my favorites too Scud!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I picked up Van Morrison's latest "Three Chords and the Truth".  Van seems to release a new record every couple of months.   He has a great journeyman band and kick out lots of good tunes, I like his stuff. 

Anyway, Van has done so much spiritual stuff, "Kingdom Hall", "Bright Side of the Road", Wonderful Remark", "Whenever God Shines His Light".   When I saw the title, I thought it might be a gospel or spiritual record, something inspirational and loving.  Rather than describing this record, I think the titles of the songs will suffice:

"Bags Under My Eyes", "Read Between the Lines", "Stop Falling Apart", "Fame Will Eat the Soul", "Nobody In Charge"

The record is full of delicious cynicism and irony.  It's just great and a little funny.  I couldn't be happier to have assumed wrong.  I think it's pretty good, this one and another recent album, "Roll With The Punches".

So I am taking a vacation in Feb for my first time in Vegas.  Have tickets to see Van.   The Vegas deal is kinda of a runaround since the good tickets are comp'd to the rollers (not me), I should've "read between the lines". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1