What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

The passion in that interview is such a delight! Thanks, fg!

I wish I had a better track of this song to post, but it was recorded in The Netherlands, so --> it rates! <--- (and there is a blue dress involved . . . .)

Fred Eaglesmith "That Old Machine", I am sure was written about my Sport . . . (and me) . . .

• Like 3

Wow, biesel, I did not know Neil Peart had passed (September 12, 1952 - January 7, 2020) . . . .

What a drummer, and a true motorcyclist.

:notworthy:  R.I.P. , Neil . . .

2970.jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=forma

0e7ef8e755064fadd411861ad8f8770f.jpg

Yes ... a genius, the Profressor and it seems that he was a kind soul and a totally down-to-earth guy.

EN83zeOWAAEINJq.jpg

and today Geddy & Alex posted:

Our most heartfelt thanks go out to family, friends, musicians, writers and fans from around the globe for the incredible outpouring of love and respect for Neil since his passing. These touching tributes help to lessen the pain of this terrible loss and remind us all to celebrate his remarkable life and our connections to it. - Geddy & Alex

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My brother is a huge fan.  He loaned me the "Ghost Rider book which is really good IMO.   He and I went to see them in concert.  I had a hard time figuring out the "amps" that Geddy was playing.  It was big bank of glassed boxes with something spinning in them(?).  And I finally got it,  they were huge chicken rotisseries, probably cooking a hundred chickens during the show.

After the show, we sprung for some Macallan since that was Neil's drink.

• Haha 1

wow, biesel, that 2012 Niel Peart interview . . .

" . . . strength, power, speed, and the subtle control of time . . ."

What an articulate, well spoken gentlemen. That statement (about musicianship while drumming/performing) strikes me as applicable to so much that we choose in life.

Certainly motorcycling.

12 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Docc, "Ghost Rider" is a well written, human and touching book.  Motorcycling through grief.

A good read, as I recall. I must have borrowed it as I don't see it on the shelf . . .

• Like 1

We took off to Vegas a few days ago and saw Van Morrison last night.  I am too tired to post any photos.  Great show, 9 piece band.  I've listened to Van for 50 years and despite hearing sax on all his records, I didnt know he played the sax.  Great music.  Some of the good ones, "Baby, Please Don't Go/Roll with the Punches", "Wild Night", "Three Chords and the Truth", "Cleaning Windows", ""Broken Record", Brown Eyed Girl", and jam version of "Gloria" with Van leaving and everyone doing a solo.  No encore.  Played perhaps a couple dozen songs over an hour and half.

Caesars' Palace, great acoustics, little leg room.  

• Like 1

Pretty awesome for 1970, great music, rather risqué!  I never would have known about this California television presentation being just halfway through seventh grade at the time. Never knew Leon Russell was performing so explosively that young (28 at the filming).

Thanks to one of my guitar players for sharing this . . .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1