What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

On 2/18/2020 at 7:35 PM, docc said:

Rather expert thread dredging, there, NEWELL!  :grin:

After Jaap posted this, I got the chance to be there when these guys toured through Nashville. It was frikkn' awesome! I've been a fan of them ever since.

Pretty interesting,  some of the "interpretations" of other music I never liked at the time.

(I jus' wanna apologize for this in advance . . .)

[edit: this is the Ac/DC song I was looking for that , I think, compares with Steve 'n' Seaguls  "Thunderstruck"] . . .

I love this one too! Heard both on outlaw country/xm sirrius radio! Really like offbeat interpretations of mainstream music 

• Like 1

Just curious if any if you listen to "Live from Here"?  Chris Thile.   It's the show that took over Garrison Keillor's  "Prairie Home Companion" on Saturday late afternoon on many public radio stations.  I'll admit that I don't like it as well as the original but it's still pretty good, certainly more music and much less stories and comedy.  I don't miss it when I am around the radio. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

another thread drift has got me thinkin about some country music. I wanted to post "Hickory Wind" by Gram Parsons as covered by BR549, but couldn't find a decent youtube vid. Here's the next best, expertly covered by Keith Richards. Gram Parsons and Richards were friends briefly as Parson's life was cut short, but he's known for having a huge influence on the Stones drift into American country. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gstallons said:

K did an incredible job !

It's interesting to watch what people have to do with their faces to perform an accent not their own. When I first moved to the rural US South, my face would ache at the end of the day!  A true South'ner can recite the vowels without moving his face or lips. There is a certain "efficiency" to the speech that oft' leaves out consonants and entire syllables.

I recall the actor, Ricardo Montalban, replying to Johnny Carson asking, ["Spanish sounds like singing to us. What does English sound like to the Spanish?"]

RM: ["It sounds like dogs barking."]

(Obviously, he had not been listening to EmmyLou!) :wub:

• Like 2