What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

Thanks so much.  I'm a Ben Harper fan,  Sent a buddy that's a blues fanatic a thumbdrive with music on it and he hand't heard of Ben (!!).  

So it was great to PM him this video.  

I'll have to get the record.  

• Like 2

The deal on Ben Harper, I'd never heard of the guy.  My wife is a retired English teacher and a student gave her a mix CD(20 years ago?) .  It's just great.  The CD had "Mama's Girl Friend" and "Rodney King".  It was all roots/folks.  Later I'd seen his rock and  blues stuff.  

I was just talking to my wife today and said that I can categorize his music in two words.  She said what is it?  I said, "Ben Harper".

I need to get his blues and rock stuff.   What a great human being and great musician. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Miles' "Kind of Blue" is my favorite jazz record from 1959.    In 1970 Miles invented fusion with "Bitches Brew" after seeing Hendrix.  Miles added electric bass and electric guitar and lots of rhythm to his music.   This spawned Herbie Hancock, Weather Report, Mahivishnu, Larry Coryell, Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke, etc, etc.  

I recently saw documentaries on Miles and Jeff Beck.  So if Miles was trying to be Jimi Hendrix with "Bitches Brew", was Jeff Beck trying to be Mile Davis after hearing "Jack Johnson"?  Only two cuts on the full album, A side and B side.  I just discovered this after watching the Jeff Beck doc.  After hearing it, I think it's perhaps the very best of the fusion genre, at least Mile's "Right Off".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

All the news about Tulsa today, got me to thinking about Johnny Cale.

They don't care about Dallas Texas

They don't care about Wichita

When you're ever in Oklahoma

You better move around the law

• 3 weeks later...