What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

On 7/9/2020 at 3:33 AM, LowRyter said:

I just wondered how many Zep songs started with a Bonzo beat followed by a Page riff?  Even if it was an old blue's song.

I wonder how many Zep songs contain the words 'baby, baby baby'!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think Elvin has turned into the Randy Newman of the bluesmen.  He's a good ol' Tulsa boy who's always had an Okie sense of humor and blazing geee-tar.  

He would make it on Prairie Home Companion whenever the show played the Bay Area.   Apparently Elvin is an avid gardener. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Admin Jaap said:

I wonder how many Zep songs contain the words 'baby, baby baby'!

Only a guess but I'd say all of them.   (minus the "Immigrant Song")   

"ohh ohh ohh ohhh"  <_<

On 7/14/2020 at 9:13 AM, LowRyter said:

I think Elvin has turned into the Randy Newman of the bluesmen.  He's a good ol' Tulsa boy who's always had an Okie sense of humor and blazing geee-tar.  

He would make it on Prairie Home Companion whenever the show played the Bay Area.   Apparently Elvin is an avid gardener. 

Growing up in the Bay Area, I saw Elvin Bishop many times as a youth. I think he lived in Marin? Just a funky soulful country boy! 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Kane said:

Growing up in the Bay Area, I saw Elvin Bishop many times as a youth. I think he lived in Marin? Just a funky soulful country boy! 

I've known Elvin since 1967 I was a teenager  when he first came to S.F. by way of Chicago where he went from High School in Tulsa Where he won a National Merit Scholarship to  The University of Chicago and played with Paul Butterfield and Mike Bloomfield.One of My High School Chums from back there was his manager for many years, so I don't think I ever missed a gig where he played in the Bay area and a couple others I knew from High School were in various blues bands with him around SF, He lived up in Marin and still does in the same house.. I went to a couple fish fry party's  at his house back in the 70's and did some lake fishing in Marin where he was along on and a few other guys and friends who worked with his bands. Never into drugs even in the 60's when everyone in music seemed to be, he always just liked to have a couple beers and share a good laugh's and a stories. He still plays the little clubs around SF when he is in town, I last talked to him last year...One of a kind for sure...This new song really shows his sense of humor....amazing he still has one after what happened to his wife and daughter a few years ago..if anyone has a right to play the blues its him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That’s awesome. Thank you for that! I remember his shows were always really fun. He seemed like a down-home good-time positive guy. And a heck of a picker! It looks like he’s still playing the ES335......I wonder if that’s the same guitar he had way-back-when? I’d forgotten about that awful tragedy. God bless Elvin.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Out local NPR station has a couple of great show on Saturday night.  So if we're cruising, going to movie or out to eat, it's a great listen.

"Global Jazz Wire" is a local show streaming on KGOU

"The Brazilian Hour" comes on later.  It's freely provided by the Govt of Brazil for radio distribution.   This might be on air on you area.

• 3 weeks later...