My grandma told your grandma
"I'm gonna set your flag on fire"
Talkin' 'bout
Hey now (Hey now)
Hey now (Hey now)
Iko, iko, un-day (Oh, oh-oh)
Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né
Jock-a-mo fee na-né

(Note: I've been listening to a lot of Dr John on Pandora.  Thinking about Fat  Tuesday in '22)  (heck maybe '21, I'm getting my shot this week)
  • Like 1

I went down some "pop music" rabbit hole this evening and watched a bunch of early MTV-type videos. So overproduced, lip-synched, and with no actual musicians onscreen. Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal" is one of my favorites in that genre. Yet, I ran across this awesome Sade production! Love the Film Noir narrated gangster theme with the muted horn intro (" . . . at ten past nine, the dame with the ponytail . . ."), the trains, the sirens, then the actual stage production that ensues. Have always loved this woman's smooth vocals.

Plus, there is a bass solo!

• Like 1

I think Little Feat was the best band ever.  I was reading the bio on those guys ("Willin") and they were pretty volatile.  The band was about to throw in the towel before they recorded "Waiting for Columbus", the best Live album of all time.  They had the Tower of Power and Mick Taylor.  Stories of drug fueled all nighters, playing mad at each other on stage, Richie throwing his drumsticks at Lowell when he was singing.  

Lowell mixed the record, the band was ready to quit and they listed to the first song,  "Playing in the Band" and wow.  WOW.  

So after reading that, here is Mick Taylor + Little Feat.  "Apolitical Blues"

Lowell's next gig was producing The Dead's "Shakedown Street".  After an all night coke binge with Mickey Hart, Lowell said his drum solo was crap and Mickey beat him good.  Lowell left, the album was recorded but not quite finished.  Great story.  

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, footgoose said:

anyone play bass?

Wow, what a delight! That is awesome. Makes me feel better about what my own bass has evolved into.

Sheehan's bass, "The Wife," totally reminds me of my Sport. Might even be some hidden "hotel room repairs" . . . :luigi::sun::grin:

• Like 2