What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

I've been playing lots of Pandora recently.  On most of my stations I've been getting lots of Tab Benios.  Lots of blues.  Anyone have a handle on him and what record to get?  

• Like 1

in 2000 my gf at the time and I were attending the Stugis motorcycle rally. We walked in to a bar on main street and sat for a beer. this guy comes out and starts to play. within a minute my gf looks at me and says "I think we're witnessing greatness" He looked to be maybe 22. We did not leave the place. We showed up to the same place the same night the following year.. and there he was again. Good times.

There's not much out there on him. What there is is  kind of sad. He went the way of so many beautiful artists.

His recorded stuff is still great

Funny story.. I asked his girlfriend how many albums he had, I wanted to buy some. She said "I don't know maybe 50 or so?" I said .. I mean how many different ones has he made? she said "oh, one or two I think" I bought 'em.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, footgoose said:

Trout's are excellent!

Dad paid his dues with John Mayall's Blues Breakers, along with Coco Montoya - another great.

Hot off the presses.  That Grohl is really amazing.  Saw him and the Foos at the David Letterman show with Tony Joe White.  Seen the Stones a few times too.  The last time here in OKC in a smaller arena.  

• Like 2

I recall hearing the idea that the Reggae beat was a product of the wavering, modulated FM radio signal broadcasting New Orleans jazz across the Gulf of Mexico to Jamaica.

In that case, I figure J.J. Cale didn't have any better reception up in Tulsa . . .

• Like 2
9 hours ago, footgoose said:

He plays around here in the Bay area semi regularly..they had a big benefit for him here just before covid....some medical issues I believe.

Great talent!!

• Like 2