What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

Sometimes out riding I’ll be exploring new roads & it just ends up in a absolute confused mess - those occasions I just turn round & go back.

Even if it feels like I wasted my time I suppose I found out something - not all progress ends up going in the right direction!

Sure I’m not the only one

• Like 2
20 hours ago, footgoose said:

mmmmm and hot tuna

So, somehow I have (until now) totally missed who Hot Tuna actually is. That clip led me to the full Fillmore concert, 1988. I kept feeling sorry for the rhythm guy sitting in with these two greats. Until I figured out who he was! :blush:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

it's more to my Sunday morning music but I'll take it on a Saturday..

Jerry is arguably the best steel player in the world but I picked this one for John Hiatt, a man in our younger day who often played in a lounge I tended bar in. Bit of a bohemian in those days :rasta:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just waking up from the TTB/Los Lobos show at Red Rocks. Incredible show. I've seen both together in a small venue (1000) and now seeing them play at 10k venue. The pictures didn't come out as well but the energy and the sound moving across so much space was very powerful. Los Lobos ended with Mas y Mas that had Derrick and the horns accompanying. LL's drummer returned the favor in an instrumental jam from the first vol of the new record. Gabe Dixon opened with his own band as well keyboards for TTB, he played with all three bands. TTB played a couple of songs on the new album, Midnight in Harlem (of course), Angel from Montgomery/Sugaree, closed with I want More/Allman's jam, the encore was Space Captain (we have to live together).

As with all the shows I can remember, Susan did the first guitar solo. She was subtly political with messages of unity and caring, I saw folks of all ages, a dad & his 6-7 year-olds were dancing right next to me. Afterwards, I had a 50 mile drive through the park up a mountain highway and got back to the place about 1:30, certainly a riveting drive in the dark particularly after consuming some special local treats.

p1060913-jpg.46667

p1060969a-jpg.46668
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Just waking up from the TTB/Los Lobos show at Red Rocks. Incredible show. I've seen both together in a small venue (1000) and now seeing them play at 10k venue. The pictures didn't come out as well but the energy and the sound moving across so much space was very powerful. Los Lobos ended with Mas y Mas that had Derrick and the horns accompanying. LL's drummer returned the favor in an instrumental jam from the first vol of the new record. Gabe Dixon opened with his own band as well keyboards for TTB, he played with all three bands. TTB played a couple of songs on the new album, Midnight in Harlem (of course), Angel from Montgomery/Sugaree, closed with I want More/Allman's jam, the encore was Space Captain (we have to live together).

As with all the shows I can remember, Susan did the first guitar solo. She was subtly political with messages of unity and caring, I saw folks of all ages, a dad & his 6-7 year-olds were dancing right next to me. Afterwards, I had a 50 mile drive through the park up a mountain highway and got back to the place about 1:30, certainly a riveting drive in the dark particularly after consuming some special local treats.

p1060913-jpg.46667

p1060969a-jpg.46668

I used to see them around L.A. fairly often in the early 80's...1981-82-83 when they would play in Culver City or over in Hollywood  at Club Lingerie...always a good performance!  Steve Berlin was playing with them and  and  Top Jimmy and the Rythm Pigs in those days I believe.

• Like 1
On 7/31/2022 at 4:03 PM, KINDOY2 said:

I used to see them around L.A. fairly often in the early 80's...1981-82-83 when they would play in Culver City or over in Hollywood  at Club Lingerie...always a good performance!  Steve Berlin was playing with them and  and  Top Jimmy and the Rythm Pigs in those days I believe.

Los  Lobos? 

14 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Los  Lobos? 

Yes they used to play at the Original "Lingerie", a tiny dive bar in Santa Monica/ West L.A. area  on Pico Blvd near Bundy Ave, along with other struggling Bands, like The Burning Sensations, and "X",  in the real early 80's like 81, the first time I saw them, they were Heavy Chicano music, then I think around 83-84 Steve Berlin who had been playing with Top Jimmy and then The Blasters came along and really add'd a lot to their sound ..imo.

• Like 1

Wow….Top Jimmy and the Rhythm Pigs. Have not heard that name in a loooong time. When I lived in Long Beach, not too long ago, Carlos Guitarlos would show up sometimes at a local coffee shop and play solo. It was great to see him and to know that he was still playing. Not too many people knew who he was, but the few of us that did showed much love, respect, and awe.

Hollywood in the early ‘80’s…….Good times, good times. We used to bop around between the Rainbow, the Central, and the Frolic Room. If we were lucky we might catch a Mentors show at the Ivar Theater ‍🤢😱

Btw, anyone remember the Temple Beautiful in S.F. in the very late 70’s, sort of pre-dated the Fab Mab (Mabuhay Gardens) as a proto-punk venue in the city?