What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

Docc,  two things:

First, I've been trying for someone, anyone, to give me a site for an LED replacement for my Guzzi(s).   Whether an H4 or complete replacement headlight.  

Next, I've been able to purchase downloads of all the Dead & Co shows I've been to (Boulder in 2016, 2017 and Dallas 2017).  I have even given CD copies away.

http://livedead.co/?utm_medium=www&utm_source=deadandcompany.com

And a "get well" to John Mayer that missed the last two shows on the tour to an appendectomy.  

. . . [docc/edit: gotcha covered on the LED lamp: check your pm.]

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The PHJB played at my college (back in '74). Very much Dixieland Jazz.  They were so old that I would be surprised if they voted in the Carter election muchless Reagan's. 

Amazing chops those guys had.  They just never lose it.  

I am glad the traditions still live on.  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, ok . .  I have no idea where to post this video. It came to me through serendipity. There is no music.

But, but-but  . . . it is Billy Joel. Hendrix is mentioned . . .

And, and-and: they pull out a failed voltage regulator from:

Bruce Springsteen's (you guessed it): Moto Guzzi that BJ built for him (minute 2:50) !

Somebody, please, cue up a track that makes this make sense!

So I am listening to Dead & Co show I saw in Dallas in Dec.

deadco171201_01.jpg

And it occurred to me that my Grandparents loved Lawrence Welk.  Hell, the local PBS station plays ol' Lawrence Saturday evenings.  So I'll be 64 this year.  So here's my question of horror:

Are the Dead just my version of Lawrence Welk?  

:bbblll:

It ain't so horrible, I might be going to hell in a bucket but at least I am enjoying the ride.

From what I understand, Lawrence Welk kept a great band. I recall some stories that he was a strict bandleader. 

So, maybe if *Larry* had picked up a Les Paul and jacked into a stage stack . . . :wacko:

• Like 1

Chris Stapleton . WOW . I bought the Traveller cd and can't stop listening to it. and I don't care that much for country music.

Oh, man, this fresh crop of music coming from the "Roots-Americana" movement is inspiringly well written, well played , and well performed. This is not the glashy Korporate Kuntry.

"Smooth as . . ."

I noticed this comment on the YooToob page: "[An] Etta James I'd rather go blinde vibe"

Chris Stapleton . WOW . I bought the Traveller cd and can't stop listening to it. and I don't care that much for country music.

Here's a great one not on Traveler, and has a thread appropriate title...

Look up his stuff with The Steeldrivers too

I was playing Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit Nashville Sound ...sort of a preachy country-folk-art rock deal.  

The sound recording is a little bit Nashville too smooth.  it's not bad, I am not sure why Bev picked it up.  I like it on occasion. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know to list this under "Rallys and Places" or "What to Listen to".

The Dead & Co will end their summer tour in Boulder Co on 13-14 July.   And "Seth's Rally", (Colorado BMW) Top O The Rockies, is the following weekend in Paonia Co.  These are the same guys that put on the Guzzi National in Colorado a few years ago. 

So I am planning to do both for my summer trip to the mountains.