Admin Jaap

What do you listen to? Share your favs

Pretty awesome for 1970, great music, rather risqué!  I never would have known about this California television presentation being just halfway through seventh grade at the time. Never knew Leon Russell was performing so explosively that young (28 at the filming).

Thanks to one of my guitar players for sharing this . . .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Leon.  The Master of Space and Time. Saw him last for his 70th Bday in Tulsa. Still love his music and have his hits on my playlist.  Jumpin Jack Flash/Youngblood.  Stranger in Strange Land.  Song for You. Hummingbird.  And then his country side, Hank Wilson, Rolling in my Sweet Baby's Arms.

They're restoring the Church Studio in Tulsa now.  It should be open to the public this summer.

https://thechurchstudio.com/

Leon and Tulsa were the center of the universe for 15 minutes or so in the 1970s.    In fact, it's still there in one small spot.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/the-center-of-the-universe-tulsa-oklahoma

• Like 1

You guys have great taste in music. I've learned a lot here.

Ciao

• Thanks 1

For those times when I am out of coffee and I feel like some good old nonsense.

• Haha 2

^^^ "Meanwhile up in Scotland" ^^^

My sides hurt after that! :grin:

7 hours ago, gstallons said:

Gettin' back to Leon Russell ...... He was out there !

Leon was part of Wrecking Crew, the session guys in LA.  He played & produced with everyone from Sinatra to Dylan.  

This gets pretty funny at 3:00 (if you wanna skip over Cher)

• Like 2

I would suggest playing through a good system...your computer speakers just will not do this justice

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2015 at 12:41 AM, Admin Jaap said:

Came across this this morning:

:thumbsup:

I’ve seen this one before, it’s incredible, and I can’t stand AcDc

• Like 1

Rather expert thread dredging, there, NEWELL!  :grin:

After Jaap posted this, I got the chance to be there when these guys toured through Nashville. It was frikkn' awesome! I've been a fan of them ever since.

Pretty interesting,  some of the "interpretations" of other music I never liked at the time.

(I jus' wanna apologize for this in advance . . .)

[edit: this is the Ac/DC song I was looking for that , I think, compares with Steve 'n' Seaguls  "Thunderstruck"] . . .

This is good on a few levels. Esp if you appreciate a good looking woman blowing a harp

Ciao

• Thanks 1

Well if you're talkin' roots and country.  I saw this pair a few years ago.  When they did "Black Dog" a cappella, I thought it was funny.  I still play this record quite a bit.   My neighbor was at the same show for the gospel inspiration.  He said Robert couldn't harmonize with anyone but came to see Allison. 

I love this album.