What do you listen to? Share your favs

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

Glenn was the hottest session guitarist in LA before he made it "big".  Just like Leon was the top session painist.

Glenn didnt read music.  He played by ear.  Play a little bit of the song and he was spot on.

I always loved his Ballads..In 2010 my wife and I were out to dinner at a Family style Brazilian steak House in Beverly Hills..This is right after he announced having Alzheimers , Glen and his whole family..about 10 of them came in and sat at a big table right next to us....He was very conversational and all  were very friendly and nice people. Another time in 1972 when I was a cameraman working for ABC on a Commercial which  Glen was to be in with Forrest Tucker at a Golf Course in Burbank (This was when Glen was with Tanya Tucker and Drinking alot!!), Tucker showed up an hour late, Glen was drinking and extremely pissed off..so when Tucker finally arrived..Glen spent the whole afternoon calling him "Taurus Fucker" every chance he got!! Tucker was none to happy..and we had a hard time not laughing or Bumms off!

• Like 1
  • Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so this is not a song, but the sound is pure hypnotic motorcycle bliss.  Turn up the volume!  

enjoying these boys.  

Great video, awesome song,  one of my favorites too Scud!  

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you guys got to see last night's David Byrne musical "American Utopia" on HBO last night.   it's combination of  Talking Heads music and dance and drumline with plenty of social commentary.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

I hope you guys got to see last night's David Byrne musical "American Utopia" on HBO last night.   it's combination of  Talking Heads music and dance and drumline with plenty of social commentary.  

One of the best artists I have ever seen live.

Did I just see five finger death punch and mark knopfler/emylou Harris on back to back posts? I must be dreaming...

knopfler is my favorite, and can’t beat death punch for when at the gym (sadly a bit rare these days for this slacker). Death punch makes me feel like an 18 yr old, but that ain’t all bad.

On a different Italian bike tonight (duc multi) in Globe Arizona, where I stopped for an overnight enroute from Tucson to vegas.  Little winery here, called “Waggins” (I think), quirky place but with a couple surprisingly good reds, with live music outside, playing soundgarden, CSN&Y, Emerson lake & Palmer, and STP.  A good evening of riding and music. 

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, Gmc28 said:

Brian Johnson is a geordie boy?!  

Yep, comes from Dunston which is on the Tyne river and literally 2 kilometres from the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne.

Ciao