What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

Yunupingu was born as Tom Djambayang Bakamana Yunupingu on 17 September 1956 in Yirrkala in Arnhem Land, an Aboriginal reserve in the northeastern part of the Northern Territory. He was a member of the Gumatj people, one of sixteen groups of the Yolngu people. His skin name was Gudjuk, but his name was changed to Mandawuy in 1990 when a family member with the same name died, in line with Yolngu custom. He described his names as "Mandawuy" means 'from clay'; Djarrtjuntjun means 'roots of the paperbark tree that still burn and throw off heat after a fire has died down'; Yunupingu depicts a solid rock that, having travelled from freshwater, stands in salty waters, its base deep in the earth. I am Gudjuk the fire kite".

• Like 1

When the Black Pumas album came out, I had it on endless repeat for a while. My youngest daughter got me an early Christmas Present:  tickets to see them last night at the new YouTube Theatre in Los Angeles (and under the express condition that we go on a motorcycle. Went two-up on the Stelvio. 100 miles up with a lot of lane-splitting. Took Pacific Coast Highway on the way home, all the way from Long Beach to Dana Point, All the beach towns were lit up for Christmas. 44 Degrees through Camp Pendleton. 

What a fabulous show. Seems it was also the first live-stream concert from the theater. Here it is:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

tomorrow 

my mom loves this one.  When I was a little bitty kid, she'd play it.  She'll hear it tomorrow. 

And there's this version for above

and this

and finally...the wall of sound

Christmas Eve at my house.

• Like 2