What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

I guess the thing is.. if you have never heard real hi fi all your life, it is an eye opener. My hearing is only as good any more as my hearing aides, but his eyes were as big as saucers.

• Like 2

At least lot's of good memorys. Yes, hearing is damaged. Basic Interweb music now, Aardvark blues from Houston or Spotify. Scaled-down, Altec Lansing mod 19, Mark Levinson 23.5, Musical Fidelity, Marantz cd. Still have records. But go a little bananas and get an Aurender or Mark Levinson dac +,. Plays very well.
Oops already 9 years since most of the heavy Fidelity went to my son.
Yes music is stil important.
Cheers Tom. ac368d59c71d5c1507914f629828fa8f.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A525F via Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Tomchri said:

At least lot's of good memorys. Yes, hearing is damaged. Basic Interweb music now, Aardvark blues from Houston or Spotify. Scaled-down, Altec Lansing mod 19, Mark Levinson 23.5, Musical Fidelity, Marantz cd. Still have records. But go a little bananas and get an Aurender or Mark Levinson dac +,. Plays very well.
Oops already 9 years since most of the heavy Fidelity went to my son.
Yes music is stil important.
Cheers Tom. ac368d59c71d5c1507914f629828fa8f.jpg

Awesome set-up. 

• Thanks 1

My goodness Tomchri, your sound room must be as big as an airplane hanger!  That's a lot of sound.   I don't even know what some of those other boxes are or what they do.  

That's an incredible system.  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Tomchri,

Thanks for the head's up on Aarvark Blues.  I'm new to internet radio and have only found the Seattle-Tac Public Radio Jazz24 channel as favorite.  I've just added Aarvark.

Perhaps this would be a good forum for recommendations from the Board?   

What internet music audio stations  are on your favorite's list?

Marantz .... I haven't heard that name in a while. 

I bought these digital audio speakers from this computer repair place  (20+ yrs ago) across the river , then had to buy a sound card to play the speakers. There were instruments being played I never knew were in these songs ! Think Bose x Bose .

Then I had this surround system ( 5.1 or something like that ) w/about 12 speakers . It was overkill for my living room . I lost the owners manual on how to operate . Finally gave it all to a buddy just to get it out of the way .

BTW , I had to play play the 2001 A Space Odyssey {full volume of course) each time I got a new system going ..... Ahhhh... Come on feel the noise !

6 hours ago, LowRyter said:

My goodness Tomchri, your sound room must be as big as an airplane hanger!  That's a lot of sound.   I don't even know what some of those other boxes are or what they do.  

That's an incredible system.  :thumbsup:

Like mentioned, scaled-down. Thats my friday  beer ( IPA )  cave, about 40 square m. The old Altec's are capable of moving a lot of air, power is overkill, but way better with to much, than to little in the speaker world.  

Marantz SA- 11 S2, good piece cd in that range.  DAC,  Musical Fidelity M6.  Pre amp, Krell KRC HR.  Info for those with a touch of Hi Fi sickness  :rasta:.

Started the sickness early, mid 80' with Clipsch horn, 104db with 1 watt power. They were tested in the desert in Arizona.  3 amps and equalizer, 3 way system, LOUD.   Mirage M1 si, and and.    

Quiet at night, no houses or sounds in 1/2 a mile, GOOD memorys

Yes had my share in heavy Fidelity sickness.

Cheers Tom.

Cheers Tom.

Infinity IRS Epsilon,  speakers, needed 2 amps. Krell KSA 300 S, 185pound each, and 16amp power cord to each directly from fuse box :grin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Tomchri,

Thanks for the head's up on Aarvark Blues.  I'm new to internet radio and have only found the Seattle-Tac Public Radio Jazz24 channel as favorite.  I've just added Aarvark.

Perhaps this would be a good forum for recommendations from the Board?   

What internet music audio stations  are on your favorite's list?

Must admit, I've been playing Aardvark Blues for quite some time now, suits me fine as a background tune to my fiddling in the garage. I use radio. net  they have numerous of stations. Let you know, if any interesting shows up.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Chuck said:

I had a pair of Dahlquist DQ10s when Dorcia and I first married, but they took up the whole living room in the log cabin. :) They were awesome, though..

Early 70's DQ 10s was a dynamic speaker, with a well made crossover, for phase alignment. 10 A not so good. All own opinions of course.

Cheers Tom.

9 minutes ago, docc said:

https://www.aardvarkbluesfm.com/

(We shall see if I can tolerate their very loud self-promotion breaks . . . :wacko: )

Will a few bucks solve that ? Still better than many stations, and you can go and get a beer :bier:

Cheers Tom.

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Tomchri said:

Early 70's DQ 10s was a dynamic speaker, with a well made crossover, for phase alignment. 10 A not so good. All own opinions of course.

Cheers Tom.

Yeah, early 70s. A little weak on the low end, but a sub cured that.

What happened to radio ? When I was in my teens , 100.7 out of Cape Girardeau played the most progressive , heavy metal and greatest R&R I had ever heard . The DJ was "The Nighthog" and every night the station would sign off with Nights in White Satin . 

Then in the early 90s I stumbled across this station that played In The Air Tonight 24 hrs a day for what seemed like 3 days straight , the it CAME ON . These guys played Robert Cray , Melissa Ethridge and others I NEVER heard of .  

Those were the days !

• Like 3
6 hours ago, gstallons said:

What happened to radio ? When I was in my teens , 100.7 out of Cape Girardeau played the most progressive , heavy metal and greatest R&R I had ever heard . The DJ was "The Nighthog" and every night the station would sign off with Nights in White Satin . 

Then in the early 90s I stumbled across this station that played In The Air Tonight 24 hrs a day for what seemed like 3 days straight , the it CAME ON . These guys played Robert Cray , Melissa Ethridge and others I NEVER heard of .  

Those were the days !

radio is talk talk talk.....at least some of the blowhards have moved from politics to sports.   

Another call out for mentioning your favorite internet station.  We've only had two that have been recommended so far.

• Like 1