What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

Advertising and agendas have taken over the airwaves and streaming site algorithms try to bend your aesthetics rather than follow them. I've been getting the most pleasure from streaming concerts and albums with an ad-blocking attachment. I still break out the vinyl every now and then, but I'm usually too lazy to go that way.  My ears are kinda shot, but analog still sounds more " real" to me....

• Like 2

The founding member, Gerry Garcia said of him .." After his death we all knew this was the end of the original Grateful Dead"

He was only 28 when he died....

• Thanks 1

I think that Pigpen and Janis were born out of time, not for all of those acid eating hippies. They should of gotten out of S.F. and gone to Chicago. R.I.P.!

On 3/20/2022 at 11:45 PM, billgreenman1 said:

Advertising and agendas have taken over the airwaves and streaming site algorithms try to bend your aesthetics rather than follow them. I've been getting the most pleasure from streaming concerts and albums with an ad-blocking attachment. I still break out the vinyl every now and then, but I'm usually too lazy to go that way.  My ears are kinda shot, but analog still sounds more " real" to me....

Well said.

The very early ‘70’s period is my fave for the dead. I think Garcia’s best tone was his strat through a twin, even when using a twin for a preamp in an extended wall of sound thing.

I don’t think I ever saw pigpen. Saw the new riders and other Bay Area stuff as a kid, at my school and in la honda and other weird places, but didn’t go to the dead proper until me and my friends were old enough to drive up to winterland and gg park, around 1975.  So glad that I’m old enough to have had the pleasure.

• 2 weeks later...