I got a Lemans 1

fotoguzzi

Damn! what a beauty. One of the best looking bikes ever made. What's the story? Mileage? By my untrained eye looks mostly stock. Did you get the fairing?

Bet you can't wait to get out on some of those sconnie roads this summer!

Sweetness!  Keep us posted as you get it sorted out.  Looks like you are already into the front brakes.

I spy an aftermarket Napoleon bar-end mirror on the left.

It showed up on Craigs List mid day Wed.. being an obsessive browser, I was the first caller and found it was about a mile from my home.. it's very clean around the motor and looks low mile but speedo was replaced so unknown.

had to pull off the calipers to roll in on my trailer and plan to rebuild them soon.. just a little gas in tank and it was pretty clean and not too smelly, float bowls clean too.. I didn't get original mirrors but most of the rest is stock.. headlight and mounts are not, at least I don't think so based on the chrome ring on light. so the fairing (I did get) won't mount up just yet. Rims painted grey, that sucks but I'll live with it for now.

next plan is to pull swing arm and check/grease the splines and maybe then I'll get an idea of mileage. hope to start it next weekend.

oh, needs new tires since thee are not worn but old.

I want to find an aftermarket saddle if anyone has something stashed, I have a second seat base/fender ready to apply if I can find a more comfy seat.

• 4 weeks later...

sadly, I can not give it the love it deserves. and I wouldn't be riding it into the ground since it's not that comfy a ride for me.. I passed it on to one of the best owners I could have found who will give it just treatment.

My daughter needs financial rescue after a bad job and worse BF.. family had to come first even if I have Guzzi colored blood.

IMG_1318_zpsrwopxva4.jpg