Guzzi 100 Year Anniversary Wishes

Scud

If I live that long I might be there.

I would hope Guzzi do something beyond trying to capture a tiny slice of the retro market.

A blown diesel, a blown small displacement, a V3, whatever. Just think outside the box, to me that is a core Guzzi trait. I don't care if it isn't a 90 degree v twin. I just don't want them to be a rebadged Aprilia or keep making the same bike over and over. How mmany ways can you make a retro Harley FFS.

A forcibly aspirated small, high speed diesel! Now yer talkin'! I'd be all over it like a rash.

• 4 weeks later...

From the grumblings and rumblings here in Oz,things don't sound too bright for MG in the near future. With a major change in distributorship and discussions with organisers of the Sydney motorcycle show, it sounds as if future of Guzzi distribution here is limited to the short term.

Dealers have been told they will be serviced by the new Peter Stevens Group distributorship "for the near future'

Already the latest Stelvio will not be imported to Australia. 

Is Piaggio heading in a totally different direction or just keeping their hands close to chests at the moment?

I have no insider information... but I did happen across this picture...

retro blue lemans.jpg

The only things that appear to be missing are:  turn signals, license plate, me.

I have no insider information... but I did happen across this picture...

attachicon.gifretro blue lemans.jpg

The only things that appear to be missing are:  turn signals, license plate, me.

Thats cool, but they will never make it. They are going for hipster-bobber market. Its too bad.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...