What else tranni

sullvarni

Got a 2002 V11,was on a ride last year it locked in third gear,limped home pulled tranni cover off pawl srings good screwed around with it gettin it in neutral and so forth line up the dots and other stuff but when i put it back together It's in gear and nothing moves...been to all the info topics on same,I'm not the best mechanic on the planet so don't know where to go next except to a Guzzi shop...I'm in Northern B.C. Canada so nothing near me here so i suppose It's Valley Moto in chiliwack for me Or! "Any ideas"  I'm thinking shift fork though cant' see anything obvious,also i've been told that the motor has to be pulled and the cases split to get at the Tranni is this true?.

Thanks in advance Stu.

Stu,

Its difficult to understand your writing.  Can you describe what the bike's problem is right now?  Is locked up?  Is it stuck in third still?  Does it have transmission at the correct level?  I am not trying to be a dork, but punctuation, capitalization and spaces help quite a bit to make yourself understood.

Craig

Yes done all that i have the Tranni side panel off and checked the Pawl spring with a friend who's more knowl'edgeable on internals than me it appears to be OK...and when i said i'm not a mechanic i mean not great on internals but do have some knowlage of motorcycles in genral as i own four just never worked on the Guz before.

We followed all the insructions on this topic but have not managed to fix the problem as yet.

A remote possibility:

....is that your bike was one of the ones that was issued a transmission recall. Check the VIN with your local dealer, they should be able to tell you if it was issued for your bike, and if the work was done.

There were a few cases of the transmission locking up due to fracturing of some internal parts. The recall is still honored, I had mine done just last year.

I do not believe the recall extended past 2001 models.

FileShare post

Maybe, but check the VIN it be sure:

RCDNN-03V486-7355-1.jpg