Still not 100% confident.........

Welshguzzi

How would you like to cut the potential problems in half?

I keep telling guys (few listen) to wire a small 12 Volt lamp to the petcock fuse (even if you have a mechanical one).

As a candle in the wind.

Scuds faulty kill switch would have shown up instantly as a light going on and off i.e. flickering. this would have allowed him to focus on just a few possible faults between the battery and the petcock. I have a permanent light on mine, it's come in handy several times.

I can't speak for everyone about not listening - but for me it's more about fear of wires. I can see oil, gears, levers, bearings, etc. but the electrical stuff is sometimes intimidating. I've saved your various diagrams and they are helpful to me.

Candle in the wind... Elton John fan?

Dang, I sure could have used some advice from guy like you when I had that BMW. I asked the dealer to try to find the problem a few times. Of course, it never misbehaved while they were looking...

The failures were far apart, but still frequent enough that I was always thinking about a potential failure while riding. This was a total-destroyer-of-fun, just like the OP's situation.

Weeeellllll, here we go. Where do I start? First of all, I've got a PClll for sale. A miraculous change came about once I unplugged it and went straight to the ECU. Apart from a slight fluffiness around 3000 rpm, the bike is running beautifully. The big power lumps in at circa 5000 rpm, all the vibes have just about disappeared in the handle bars and it ticks over contentedly at 1100 rpm, although it coughs a bit when it's hot.

Me? I'm just smiling! Guzzi is back in the room.

A big thanks to all for your help (I'd still like to know how to wire in that LED, Roy). Happy days!

• Like 2

There's several places you can wire it, the hardest part is finding a mounting location, I have mine inset into the relay base.

The easiest access point might be the fuse block, just grab the block and wriggle, it will come away in your hand.

Tap the positive wire onto one side of fuse 8 the negative end goes to chassis.

Make sure your LED is a 12 Volt one otherwise add a 1 - 2k resistor in the positive wire.

If you are reluctant to mess with the wiring just wrap the positive wire around either pin of fuse 8 and plug it back in.

The same wire goes to the small LH pin of Relay 4 and the kill switch, take your pick.

• Like 1

The Power Commander is only as good as the map that it's programmed with.