Tampa Bay, FL USA: baffi e chiecchiaroni

docc

Docc- Weather reports are looking good for this weekend, temps in the 80's with humidity around 70%. Should be a pretty good day for a ride. SRL, are you going to be able to make it?

Sorry to be out of pocket for a few days, guys. We're in Safety Harbor after trailering 775 miles. stopped in Yankeetown for a coastal exploration (175 miles) - pics later.

Looking forward to seeing the gang in the Marina Area in the morning (Sunday) and kick tires for while before sailing over these bridges!

what about this amazing clear, cool weather? FANTASTIC!!!

What an absolutely awesome day!!! The weather was almost perfect, aside from the winds pushing us around while crossing the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. Traffic was moderate for this densely populated metro area but all in all, a great ride with wonderful people. We had six Guzzis, 2-V11 Sports, 1-LeMans, 1-Centaro, 1-Quota that Carl Von just bought and rode 350 miles from Tallahassee on Saturday, and 1-V-7 Stone. My trip meter showed 135 miles with no break downs and no introductions to any law enforcement. Hopefully we can make this an annual event as everywhere we went people were coming up checking the bikes out. Docc advised that he will post the pictures as soon as he gets home which I believe will be sometime tomorrow.

Just home! 1500 mile round trip in a three ton tow rig, ~360 miles of motorcycle riding along the Left Coast of Florida from Cedar Key to the Manatee River. Absolutely fantastic in every way! What an amazing group of riders! I can't say enough good things about these guys and their bikes! :thumbsup:

This ride (thread) started as baffi e chiavi (Whiskers and Spanners or, more literally "Moustaches and Keys") has morphed titles several times, but no wrenches were deployed (on the main ride day) so I propose:

Baffi e Chiecchiaroni

(Whiskers and Chatterboxes!) :grin:

Unbelievable, unheard of , giant high-pressure weather dome cast its veil of kindness over us. Hawaii-like weather - just extraordinary!

DSCN2989.jpg

• Like 2

You know you are riding with true gentleman when they let you show up in their home town and they make you believe you are leading the ride! :grin::blush:

Here is a screen shot of the more "northerly' route exploring river mouths along the "Smuggler's" Coast up to Cedar Key: (Sunset photo above from Yankeetown Beach), and below: the end of the Ozello Trail west of Crystal River (Road Ends Here!):

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-06%20at%206.03.4

DSCN3022_1.jpg

Docc-Thanks for posting the photos. The day was a great excuse to get some fellow Guzzi enthusiasts together and go for a ride across the bridges that we take for granted living here. I would have loved to join you on the ride up to Cedar Key but Im just too busy getting the Triumph ready for the Three State Mountain Ride. Sure hope you and Nick can join us.

Czakky- Those two guys in post #41 look just like us!

Have you noticed how the topo maps of that area look identical to the regular road maps?  

I figure contour lines don't show up 'til a few miles into Georgia ... and then only at 20-feet intervals every 40 miles or so.   :grin:

Seriously, appears to have been a fine time for all.  And that is what it's all about.

Best,

Bill

• Haha 1