Tampa Bay, FL USA: baffi e chiecchiaroni

docc

On 5/7/2015 at 9:55 AM, Bill Hagan said:

Have you noticed how the topo maps of that area look identical to the regular road maps?  

I figure contour lines don't show up 'til a few miles into Georgia ... and then only at 20-feet intervals every 40 miles or so.   :grin:

Seriously, appears to have been a fine time for all.  And that is what it's all about.

Best,

Bill

I was surprised by the reported cumulative elevation change, but we did seek out every high clearance bridge we could find.

Sailing over this bad boy is a scream:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1g4P-fw6VstTVEdxjqVL

That looks like a great time. Thanks for sharing the map and pics. I've never been out to the Gulf Coast, but must do it sometime. Is Florida flatter than Kansas? Aren't bridges, buildings, and thrill rides in amusement parks the highest points in the State?

Ya'll boys are funny! I like you already!

Turns out, we found more hills and twisty roads than I expected on the Left Coast. It ain't the Appalachian Highland Rim, but it was excellent to ride there.

The rear-set story is, as yet, untold. While the "main event" did not deploy biaffi (keys aka wrenches), we could not avoid attempting to install the V7Racer rear-sets on Nic's V7 while we were exploring the coast. So, sometime between Cedar Key and Fort Island, we deployed The Keys.  Baffi e chiavi:

DSCN3004.jpg

Brake rear-set went on flawlessly, but the gear change had an incorrect lever! Nic rode the rest of the ride rear-set brake, but left side: "normale."

DSCN3010.jpg

Amazing, though, that he contacted the selling dealer in San Antonio, Texas (AF1Racing) at closing time on Friday and they had the correct part at his home Monday morning before we got home!

Nice pieces, these V7 rear-sets! I wonder who makes them for Guzzi. Stucchi Luigi, perhaps?

DSCN2995.jpg

Docc-LMAO!!!!!! I forgot all about the cork on Czakky's bike! And if you guys think riding a bike with one rear set and one forward control is easy, I wish I had a camera to take a picture of the contorted position Nic was in. Good thing his is a young stud, they would have had to peel me off the bike.

Josh- I definitely will try and make the SSR!!!

• 11 months later...

docc- just checking to see if you are planning on coming down for a "visit" again this year? 

That was a great time riding the bridges with you guys and lunching at The Manatee River! :thumbsup:

Looks like baffi e Chiacchieroni may only make it as far as the Cumberland Plateau this year!    :oldgit:  B)  :drink: