Sorting out a multiple-owner 2003 LeMans

Scud

Well, it's not like Scud is running out of LeMans any time soon.  :grin:

My last Duck was an ST2, and 

The ST would beat the V11 on any objective performance measure, but the V11 still has the advantage in the subjective arena for me. 

once I rode a Centauro, I went with Guzzi. I understand the ST3 is the best of the lot. 

Oh, BTW Scud.. back in the day, I made a billet setup to put conventional bars on the ST2-3-4 bikes, so if you want to put apes on it, I'm your man.  :rasta:

You did that Chuck? Sweet!  Due to Ducati being Ducati lots of parts from many other bikes work on it.  I put conventional bars on mine by simply replacing the top triple with one from a monster.  Fun times.

14248461655_4137aba779_c.jpg

Yeah, of course this is ancient history, but it had the flying D logo on it. I *may* have a picture somewhere in the archives.

Scud say

You should come over and take the ST3 for spin. I think you'd be impressed.

Agreed. It is a *very* competent Sport tourer, basically a sport bike with bags. At that time, I couldn't handle the riding position. I thought I was in pretty good shape for a guy my age,  :oldgit:  but a personal trainer thought differently. He told me he'd get me back on sport bikes, all I had to do was strengthen my core and thighs. After nearly killing me for a while, I found out he was right, but by that time the Duck was gone. I can still ride the Monza ok, and it's pretty dedicated, too. "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.."

Mike's a good guy, he will take care of the LeMans !

Yeah. Super solid guy. He took good care of the Ducati too. As we were comparing notes and giving each other the "tours" of the bikes' features and quirks, he remarked that I am more anal than him. I *think* that was a compliment.  :grin:  It's nice to do a full-disclosure trade with somebody you trust.