Thinking About a 2000 V11 Sport

mjptexas

DSCN3658.jpg

Early effort to comply with various highway regulations (perhaps only in the US?) Apparently, the more recent solution for this issue is the removable "dB Killers" making the owner/operator responsible for the usage. It was a real bummer to pick up my Sport with its new cf (Mistral) cans and discover these tags riveted on which were not pictured in the "catalogue" images.   :angry2:

Yea, my wife has those on hers as well. We never gave it too much thought. We did consider making new tags and riveting them on in place of the originals. My wife used to run a CNC router and she could have made tags that say whatever she wanted. She no longer works there any more. Opportunity lost.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DSCN3658.jpg

Early effort to comply with various highway regulations (perhaps only in the US?) Apparently, the more recent solution for this issue is the removable "dB Killers" making the owner/operator responsible for the usage. It was a real bummer to pick up my Sport with its new cf (Mistral) cans and discover these tags riveted on which were not pictured in the "catalogue" images.   :angry2:

IS THAT WHAT THOSE PLATES SAID?!!

I have a set of those pipes that has the rivets still in but no plates. I guess many owners tore them off and I can see why now. I still wish they were still on though . In a weird way.

DSCN3658.jpg

IS THAT WHAT THOSE PLATES SAID?!!

I have a set of those pipes that has the rivets still in but no plates. I guess many owners tore them off and I can see why now. I still wish they were still on though . In a weird way.

That IS weird . . .  :blink:

Very nice choice.  Those '04-'05 are bullet proof and trouble free.  Enjoy!

Thanks. With a little luck I'll ride it to Luckenback in 2 weeks for the Harvest Classic. Needs a new front tire before I take it too far out of town.

My VII Sport had those

labels until I took it to the dealer, he said follow me and produced some the same size reading VII Sport.

Sent from my shoe phone!