Nero Corsa for sale ...maybe

nobleswood

I'd love to have a 2nd V11 (Scud ) but the subsequent divorce would be too costly!

You have a red one, now you need a black one. Or maybe it's not really for you, it's for when your friends visit - a "guest bike." Of course, you'll have to keep it in good order and ride it a lot to be sure it's ready for them.

I test rode it today. Runs like a champ, and handles flawlessly. I just need to figure out how to justify selling my V11S and getting this one....or do I just buy a newer bike? An 8V Norge would be sweet, but I'd want to ditch the fairing and make it look like a 1200 Sport.

Too many decisions to make here.

Ken

There is not so much of an "answer" to that good question :thumbsup: , but more of a discussion . . .

For starters, the V11 LeMans came in two generations: the "inaugural" 2002 and Gen II. So many incremental changes crept in along the way, and year-model changes overlap, while the dates are further blurred by worldwide distribution.

In short, the Rosso (red) and Nero (black) Corsa were second generation (2003-2004) LeMans (full fairing) with special paint/graphics and upgraded (Öhlins) suspension.

Certainly, some of the best of the breed! :mg:

What Doc said, plus I think the corsas came with titanium mufflers instead of the black stock mufflers? Oh, and a little plaque telling you what number it is....if you're a collector these things might be important to you.

Cosmetically, I really like my 03 lm with black rocker covers, black forks etc. Functionally, it would have been nice to start with decent forks / shock / pipes , but I still would have needed to upgrade the suspension to my taste anyway ( at least I tell myself that) . I keep trying to tell myself I'm glad I bought my 03 lm when I did rather than the rosso that came up for sale a week later at over twice the price. I keep trying to ignore all the $ I've thrown at her in the past 3/4 years... If you're looking at buying and there is a good ohlins equipped bike on the market then have a look at it - suspension is expensive to upgrade ( I've sunk over $2 K oz into my suspension, and am VERY happy with it,...and I'll keep telling myself that...)

• 2 weeks later...

as above... and tell me the differences between the gen 1 and gen 2?

gen 1 fork has slightly steeper angle. ( i think wheel base longer by a couple mm on 2nd gen. )

The LeMans frames and forks didn't change, AFIK, from the Gen I 2002 to the last version.

Early Sport frames (RedFrames and Rosso Mandello) were shorter (1471mm) while braced frames from 2002 on are 1490 mm. Apparently the steering angle remained 25˚ throughout V11 production, although there is some indication the very earliest RedFrames had different triple clamps increasing the rake 1/2˚ (I cannot find any official documents on that). All V11 LeMans

There could be confusion in this thread about generations since the question in post#5 is specifically about the V11 LeMans which, in itself, started with the "Second Generation V11", the "First Gen V11" being the RedFrames and RM.

There could be confusion in this thread about generations since the question in post#5 is specifically about the V11 LeMans which, in itself, started with the "Second Generation V11", the "First Gen V11" being the RedFrames and RM.

thats what i thought hence my query...

whne i had my 1100i sport and a mate had the 1100carb riding each others we agreed they felt so different, so we wnt on a mision... fork length, wheels, ride height all kinds of measurments and the only thing we came up with was the carb was shorter between axels due to a ever so slight increase in fork rake.

then again when I jumped on a 04 cafe sport after my 04 lemans... fark it was like an intiley different bike... as far as I know the only difference is the bars, I guess putting my fat arse in a diferent riding position

Compared to the V11 Sport RedFrame (1471mm), the previous Sport 1100 and 1100Sport-i showed 1175mm wheelbase. It's rake was a full degree easier (26˚) which, I suppose could be the 4mm difference.

I've never heard that the frame or rake changed between the Spot1100 (carbs) and the 1100 Sport (injected).

I remember getting off my Y2K RedFrame onto a '04 Café Sport with the 1490mm braced frame and handlebars - like a totally different motorcycle!