Help with rear Brake mount dimensions on 2002 Tenni

mmccool

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone on the Tenni or LeMans registry can help me. I would like to know the following:

• The "inside width" of the swinging arm where the wheel spindle passes through.
  • The width of the rear brake mount where the spindle passes through, in other words, the distance between the rear wheel and the swinging arm on the rear disk side.

Previous owner fitted a speedo drive to the rear wheel and I'm not sure if he cut the brake mount or  squeezed it in forcing the swingarm to spread. I can't locate any documentation in relation to frame geometry for 2001/2  v11 Lemans.. pointers would be most welcome.

Warm Regards
Mike McCool

Many thanks docc!  My swinging arm (the one on the bike, not my pint arm) is fine so thats a relief. Cut the bearings out last night, handy enough with a dremel and cutter disk after removing the centre piece.

You don't have anything on the rear brake mount?

Mike.

Just wondering if anyone on the forum can help me. I would like to know the following:

• The width of the rear brake mount where the spindle passes through, in other words, the distance between the rear wheel and the swinging arm on the rear disk side.

Previous owner fitted a speedo drive to the rear wheel and I'm not sure if he cut the brake mount or squeezed it in. I can't locate any documentation in relation to frame geometry for 2001/2  v11 Lemans.. pointers would be most welcome.

Regards

Mike

PS: Where can i get 1999-03 V11 full Manual in English?

I'm not clear on what dimension you need help on.  But I'll be glad to go and take a measurement if you could post a bit more detail (perhaps a photo) of what you're needing.

jwhZ0,

Its the bit of the rear brake mounting bracket that spindle slides through when fitting/removing the rear wheel. It acts as a spacer on the wheel spindle between the disk side of the rear wheel to the swinging arm. I need to know the width of that spacer.

Regards

Mike.

Thanks Steve and Rossi... conflicting results... my bike is 2002 lemans (tenni)... are yours the same? 

I'll wait for jwh20, his is a 2002 lemans as well. There are differences between pre 99 and post 2003 V11's.

Mike.

looking at the parts diagram on stein-dinse it appears to be the same part for all years- no.01635840

That is the swingarm?

I think 58 is about right... think mine is 40ish so it must have been cut to fit the rear wheel speedo drive which is about 18 mm.

Thanks to all, pints of Guinness all round!!!

Mike.