Will seats swap from year to year?

Goosed Again

I have a seat for sale, from my 2000 Sport, and another member wanted to find out if it would mount without problems on a 2003. I'm not sure and couldn't find anything during a search, will they swap out from year to year? Thanks

I thought there were two different seat bases. I could be wrong, and I am not sure when they changed. I thought it was the early red frames and then everyone else.

I've just looked into this via this site because I'm on the other side of this decision- considering buying a rich maude modified early seat for my 03 LM. There is reference to corbin seats not fitting post 02/03 because the fuses sit higher, as well as a reference to cutting a section of the seat pan out to allow it to fit. I couldn't find any references to modifying  the standard pans but there are references to the standard pans being different post 02. I'm trying to decide if I invest in finding out.....so if you find out please let us know asap!!!!

• 3 months later...

I recently bought a 2000 seat for the pan, to do a nice recover for my 2002. they are the same (as shown above photo) tho recesses are a bit different. It will not fit without cutting the pan and removing plastic in the few spots that are too high. Things under the seat were re-arranged from '00 to '02